1.    #1  
    I was speaking with our T-Mobile rep yesterday and he informed me that by pressing and holding "1" on your phone/treo/whatever, the call length is deducted from your peak minutes. If, however, you have free mobile-to-mobile minutes, by actually dialing your own number to access voicemail, you engage the M2M feature, and the call then becomes free.

I'm checking with some other providers to see if this is the case for them as well. If so, it might be an interesting thing to test here to see if folks can reduce their overally minutes of usage by dialing their number instead of using "1"...
    I just press the icon on the phone and my number is dialed. 1 is the shortcut key also and when I pressed that, my number was dialed also. I have Sprint PCS. Treo 600.
  3.    #3  
    Just got this info back from Sprint Preferred Corporate Care:

"Anytime a user calls voicemail via the shortcut on the number 1 button or by actually dialing their PCS number from their Sprint PCS phone, airtime is used. The only way to avoid using airtime when accessing Sprint PCS voicemail is to dial from another phone i.e. home, office, or another cell phone. You must call another PCS user from your PCS phone to use free PCS to PCS minutes. Calling your voicemail via the 1 button or by dialing the complete number will result in airtime used even if you have free PCS to PCS calling."

Looks like Sprint users are SOL...
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Hmm, i've never been charged for this, with ATT or T-Mo. interesting!
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Quote Originally Posted by theleetbeagle
    I tried this, but the phone will not accept a number with charcters in speed dial. It keeps rejecting: ,***1112223333#3333 as "invalid character in phone number."

Any suggestions?
    You have to add the extra stuff in the "Dial Extra Digits" area, not in the normal Speed Dial box.

NJK
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.