1.    #1  
    I am trying to use Snappermail and TreoHelper, but I need Fastmail to send the SMS trigger message first for notification. Cant seem to find it on the Fastmail site. Can anyone advise me? Can Fastmail send an SMS mail notification? Thanks.
    Go to "Options" and scroll down to the bottom to "forwarding" (I think) and set it up to forward you an email to your sms address (mine is Sprint). It works great.
    I left out a step ... sorry ... go to "Options" and then the top right one is (again - I think) "Rules" and then you scroll down to "Forwarding" and set it up. Sorry, I am out of town and don't have access to my regular browser to check these settings but you will find it.
    This is just a tip/suggestion, so take it for what it's worth. If you have fastmail fwd your messages to your sprint sms address, then if a person e-mails you a large e-mail, the message will bounce back to them. On the other hand, if you have fastmail fwd the message to your sprint regular e-mail address, this will not happen. Then, go into your sprint account, and set up your sprint e-mail so that it pages you (this is an option) everytime you get an e-mail. I use this method and it works very well. Like I said, just a suggestion that someone might find useful.

By the way, if fastmail, I have it set up to fwd only messages below a certain spam score, to my sprint e-mail account. This keeps most spam from being fwd to the treo.

Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    Go to "Options" and scroll down to the bottom to "forwarding" (I think) and set it up to forward you an email to your sms address (mine is Sprint). It works great.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    forwarding emails to your Sprint PCS account works, but so far I don't think there's any way to have Fastmail directly send an SMS to your phone. Supposedly it's on their roadmap, but I'm sure if enough people email them about it might get done sooner.