Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    When I exchanged my first one, they never sent me a return kit The second one arrived normally. I've had the first one exchanged 2 times for a bad ear speaker and the old reset issue....just got a "PalmOne" brand and it came with all the upgrades. Now I am......"extra" ....happy!!!!

IGO
    so if they don't sent you with return kit which means you can keep
    a return kit? you are supposed to return it in the carboard thingy that the new one came in
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    This is curious, since I haven't been to the board in ages and I just decided today to check and see if anyone else had experienced my most recent problem.
    I just received my FIRST replacement, PalmOne being very prompt in sending a new one (or a refurb, can't tell). Apparantly some sort of short or something because the unit was working fine and the a couple of minutes after plugging in the car charger, I look down and it's dead, I mean dead and hotter than a pistol! The heat did not subside for a couple of hours, I had to place it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to cool it down.
    Anyway, they sent a replacement within a few days and YES, I notice a little spot a while later on the black screen, appears to "spread" when pressure is applied near it on the screen. Spot disappeared after a while then reappeared then disappeared. Can't figure.
    Now after reviewing this thread, I am wondering if some of you who have received all of these numerous replacements from Palm have all been under the original warranty, or an extended version of it or is Palm just playing nice? My one year warranty is up in a couple of months.
    Also, has anyone ever had a unit die after using a car charger?

Thanks!
    I activated my 5th replacement today. All phones have developed a non-working earpiece after about a month or two. I'd throw it away if I could stomach loosing the $599 I paid on the old Handspring website the first day it was available.
    *sigh* I've been soooo happy with my Treo600 until recently when my phone speaker blew out. I can't hear anything unless I use the speakerphone. Now I'm a gawked at whenever I make/take phone calls and people listen to what I hear and say.
    To complicate things even more is thatI'm currently on a business trip in Bangkok. I left my ear piece at home in Manila. And it seems that the Treo600 or any handspring product is not sold/supported here.

Does anyone know of a simple fix for this problem? (I'm a doctor not a technician) Other than sending back to PalmOne? Or any suggestions on how should I manage this problem?
    Brewster said:
    "A replacment is due today. MY current phone serial number is HAGAD4216A2DP. The replacement is said to have #HAAAP4096A0NL. Does anyone have any idea how much older the replacement is?"

From some other threads, they say that the number in your serial number tells the year week and day of the week of manufacture.
    So.. 4216 is supposed to mean year 2004; week 21; the sixth day. Maybe May 21, 2004 and 4096 would mean ninth week sixth day or February 27, 2004.
    If that other thread is correct, your replacement would be about three months older and therefore maybe a refurbished model.?

Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
  7. Jeb
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vhemedes
    *sigh* I've been soooo happy with my Treo600 until recently when my phone speaker blew out. I can't hear anything unless I use the speakerphone. Now I'm a gawked at whenever I make/take phone calls and people listen to what I hear and say.
    To complicate things even more is thatI'm currently on a business trip in Bangkok. I left my ear piece at home in Manila. And it seems that the Treo600 or any handspring product is not sold/supported here.

Does anyone know of a simple fix for this problem? (I'm a doctor not a technician) Other than sending back to PalmOne? Or any suggestions on how should I manage this problem?
    Give it a couple of good whacks with your hand. My perfectly good Treo had no issues until this popped up. I gave it a couple of whacks and it is good as new.
    I´m not really glad to hear that obviously anyone here has the same problems as I have now here in germany. I sent my TREO 600 to belgium like I have to (like desciption on european website) on 2th of september 2004.
    With an e-mail they told me they got my Treo about 4 days later.
    When I was asking them when I will get a new one they told me they are waiting for delivery from US in the "next weeks!".
    I asked them again some times the last weeks and I´m still waiting...
    Last week they told me think they will get the new treos the next days and mine will be one of the first to be exchanged.
    Now I´m waiting here for a ring at the door every day
    I´m working with a Nokia here and this is very bad, give me a keyboard, too.
    I love my Treo (if it works) and I thing I will get the new 650 if its available here.
    Quote Originally Posted by LZMutant
    I'm on my second Treo, victim of the "blotch" myself...my 600 looked like Dusty Rhodes' stomach. (Inside joke).

I hope that they get it together on the next round, otherwise they're going to loose a lot of their core customers...

Just my opinon -
    LZ
    I think perhaps one of the bigest problems is with many of the customers right here, for letting P1 get away with this nonsense, with many folks on this site and others giving them a pass on a $600 phone that has a 30%-40% failure rate, saying things like "they'd better get it together next time, or they're gonna lose customers", or I hope they blah blah blah..." Well, here's the deal. If, by some accounts, HS had major QC issues with the t300 which was like what 3 years ago, and this t600, which has a shorter lifespan then a grenade with the pin pulled out, some 3 years later Then why the hell does anyone think they're gonna change their ways while many stand ready with cash in hand for the next model? Look-I'm a consultant for SPCS, so I get these treos gratis. I'm on my third personal t600; Let's not get started on all the other ones I know failed. If I'm disgusted at Palm1's shoddy QC, then anyone who actually paid upwards of $600 dollars for this phone should be on their way to P1's headquarters to stand up in someone's behind and demand something other than a refurb that cost P1 all of $60 vs a new one. In one thread a ton of folks are talking about how many phones they've had replaced, while a few threads away people are tripping over themselves over the next treo. And yes, while the new treo is a nice looking piece with many technical improvements, it won't mean spit if it #$^%s the bed even half as much as the t600 does in terms of QC. Fawning over good ideas poorly executed gets you nothing but problems, frustration, and junk-every time. Continued support of the company and their products only condones their seeming disregard for a competent quality control system. If you take your business elsewhere P1 will do one of two things; either get it right, or go under-which is just what they'll deserve if they can't improve.
    "Think. It's Patriotic."
    I too have been going through the Sprint store for diagnostic tests and replacement. I am on my second Treo 600 and now the phone freezes up on incoming calls; I can't answer them (although the phone continues to ring). The phone seems to be doing frequent 'network connections,' esp. when I get incoming calls. I was told to bring the phone into the Sprint store, but I am wondering if I might get a faster response by contacting PalmOne direct? Also, can I retain my current semi-functioning phone until they send out the new (refurb'd) one, or do I have to be phoneless for a number of days, which would be nearly impossible for me, due to the nature of my work. Does anyone know?
    How does one go about demanding a new phone? When I went to the Sprint Store they told me they could ONLY replace with a refurb'ed model, that this was company policy. Any suggestions how I can go about getting a new phone?
    i am trying to get my 2nd replacement unit from PalmOne directly. i asked for the brand new unit but not sure if they will send it or not (mostly not). my status is not showing on the website bc the rep told me my service order is a special service order since it is my 2nd replacement unit. i asked "why special"? he told me they are (the service center) is trying to figure it they should send me a brand new or not. ok.. geez.. then called again, the lady said bc the service center is trying to do more testing ont he replacement unit and send to me. she said it is not going to be the brand new but like-new (what else then?? do they send someone such as "like-old" unit??)... aka.. refurb..
    I just ordered a replacement Treo 600 and was told since it is at least my third time he would escalate is as a "Level 2 Customer Support" issue. This ensures getting a brand new unit as opposed to a refurb. Honestly I didn't care whether they we're new or not, just wanted the speaker to work correctly. Last issue was occasional flickering of the backlights and buzzing during phone calls.
    ttrundle: i was told about the same thing... they said bc it is my 2nd time to call for replacement and they want to determine if ishould be getting a brand new.
    same here.. i would not care too muchabout the brand new but as long as the battery does not go down so fast
    should be getting the replacement on this friday.
    I called on Saturday and recieved the supposedly new unit yesterday. Initial charge and all seems to work fine. This is my 4th replacement.

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

They sure are shipping the replacements out fast these days....I called 10/4 and according to DHL's tracking system it will be delivered today!
    My second replacement should be here shortly this morning, called in on Saturday and out for Delivery from DHL today. From looking at the serial number listed in my email from palm it was manufactured the 29th week of 2004 so hoping it's new (or close to it)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    finally DHL picked up the unit and i should be receiving it on tomorrow. I called on Sunday and they did not have the SRO information until Tue night. They said they SHIPPED out the unit on Wed but actually the unit did not get picked up until today.

based on the PalmOne CSR, I am getting a 'tested' refurb unit. the refurb unit is even older than my original purchased date. i cannot believe I am getting a refurb unit which was mfg'ed on Oct 8, 2003

you bet i would call back to them and going to get my 3rd replacement bc of the battery issue.

i cannot believe the 2nd replacement unit's battery would be much better than the 1st replacement unit (mfg'ed on May 11, 2004)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    My second replacement should be here shortly this morning, called in on Saturday and out for Delivery from DHL today. From looking at the serial number listed in my email from palm it was manufactured the 29th week of 2004 so hoping it's new (or close to it)
    where do you get that info? what could you break it down for me please?

Sure, look at the Serial Number of your treo on the back of the phone or on the Phone Info screen when wireless mode is on.

For example, let's say the serial number was HAGAD4251A0T8

Look at the numbers after the first 5 letters:
    1st digit "4" = 2004
    2nd and 3rd digits "25" = 25th week
    4th digit "1" = the first day of the week, Monday (I assume they don't work on Sundays)

There's a thread around here called something like "When was your Treo born" that might describe in more detail.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast