Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    First, let me apologize, I know I'm the umpteenth person to state my "opinion" on this board about my Treo 600. Let me follow by saying thanks for listening.

An update:

I called Executive Relations today about not receiving my replacement Treo 600 in the specified amount of time I was told (48 Hours, which I clarified from the agent was 2 Business Days). I spoke to "Bob" (All names given are actual Agent names given) first today, I gave him my service number and then preceded to tell him my situation. To which he replied that he doesn't know why I was told that, but PalmOne does not ship replacement Treo's faster then the specified time on the website. I asked him what that time was and he responded 5-7 days. I asked him to check his case notes and asked him if the time that "Kernst" told me was documented, "Bob" told me it was not. So then I asked "Bob" if the other thing that "Kernst" told me (that if I wanted to, I could have them have a technician look at the refurbished replacement Treo's and he would choose the best) was true, it was at that time I was disconnected.

I then called back, and waited 30 minutes to speak to a Executive Relations Agent, after the wait, "Billy" picked up. At that time, I was a bit peeved, and gave him my service number again. After "Billy" reviewed the notes, I bluntly asked for a refund, and gave my reasons why (4 replacement Treos, to which I lost an apartment too; Kernst telling me 48 hours and the like, which "Billy" told me that he knows "Kernst" personally and that doesn't sound like something "Kernst" would say), to which "Billy" told me bluntly, "No". I explained again my situation and then asked again, to I'm sure "Billy"'s delight, for a refund, and he said he could not, again. I asked why exactly he can not offer me a refund, and he stated matter-of-factly that he and the Exec. Relations team were told they can not, and will not give out refunds, that it is not the policy of PalmOne. OK, I said, then I'd like a different product, even a downgrade will work, to which he said that he can not do that either. I asked why he couldn't do that, and he said again that they will not replace that product for another one. There was probably about 15 minutes of filler after that, me just being frustrated and "Billy" saying he's sorry that I'm frustrated. It ended with him saying that this phone call could not produce any more results, to which I said OK, and said good bye.

Important things to point out for future Exec Relations and Tech. Assist calls:
    • PalmOne is not set up to do anything BUT replace Treo for Treo, they will not do anything else other then that.
    • PalmOne's Case Management program is either: 1) A terrible convoluted system that does not handle profiles of customer's well, or 2) Probably a decent system that employees are not trained very well on, and the employees are not very good note takers.
    • Don't speak to "Kernst", if you get him, ask to speak to another Executive Relations Agent
    • 1) Executive Relations' boss is the CEO or 2) Exec Relations' boss is an unnamed figure that the Agent will refuse to speak to on your behalf and does not, (and I quote "Billy" word for word) "...deal with the public." (1 and 2 were told to me on two separate occasions)

My experience with the Executive Relations Team has lead me to the conclusion that I would have been no better off calling the regular support line in the Philippines, I was given the same option on the regular support line as I was when I spoke to the Exec. Relations line on 3-4 separate occasions.

I hope this helps people out a bit, again, while I will admit part of this is to vent my frustration, the other part is to help set up the right expectation when they call PalmOne, because I, for one, was not.

TheHandlessKing

By the way. As a thank you gift to the Executive Relations Team at PalmOne, here is their phone number:

847-493-7256
    Quote Originally Posted by calvinx
    -- the "buzzing" heard by other parties on the line.
    Well, I am in this boat now too. Even using the wire drilling and metallic paper sheilding formulated by NoBackup, I am getting my first replacement unit after a good six months. Very dissappointing.

btw, interesting executive relations in in the Chicago area...
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    My Treo 600 touchscreen just became unresponsive to the stylus today. The digitzer screen will not accept any commands from the stylus. I called PalmOne, and they told me that there no reported similar fault.

I had to take a digital picture to proof that I did not drop it and the screen is undamaged. To make matter worst, they say that a replacement will take between 10 days to 2 weeks. This will be my #4 replacement for different problems. #1 is for the buzzing sound, #2 is for the off-centered screen with a yellow shade on the screen. #3 is the failed digitizer screen. What is next?

Other this these problem, the Treo 600 is a joy to work with. But ......

HELP! HELP! Looks like I have to go backward to use a Nokia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Beer
    To make matter worst, they say that a replacement will take between 10 days to 2 weeks.
    that's what I was told around the time I posted at the end of last month

NOTHING yet!

So, I opened it back up and the suggestion of other members and repositioned the papers for the NoBackup fix as well as tightened the antena (thanks to a members suggestion that knocking the antena may result in a loss of contact that needs to be "realigned" so to speak)

anyway buzz is fixed again but I am pissed at P1, 10 days to 2 my ***

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

It is ridiculous. My carrier is Cingular, but two of the replacements were programmed for AT&T, so they would not work with my SIM card. The four that worked, all had the horrible buzzing sound. I am truly embarrassed to call my clients on this piece of junk. I called today to ask for #7 and mailed them back #6, which was an AT&T phone. #5 not only has the buzzing sound, but has also developed a light spot in the middle of the screen.

I am a long-term Palm user (had a IIxe for a long time) and thought I was being so smart consolidating my organizer and my cell phone directories.

They assure me they have fixed the problem. If the next one has it, I am giving up on them and finding another product.

Sorry...just venting.
    No doubt, my advanced replacement buzzed worse than my original unit. So while on the phone with P1, I conferenced in the new unit and the guy was talking about now that he "personally expereinced" the replacement unit that he would immediately dispatch a new unit...I love everything about the T600 expect for the phone part lately....arghhh. It is unusable for business, I have opened it up and fixed it so many times that isn't even funny. Currently it works, but you never know when it will fail again

i bought my treo back in October i just recently had my 2nd replacement, not bad I think compared to others, but still i dont think any replacements should have taken place. Palm has some serious issues to fix with the Treo, yet I love the darn thing.
    am just wondering, if i bought an unlocked treo which is supposed to be on att and if i complained to palmOne that i had some issue with it, will they send me an unlocked one or another att set?
    there have been mixed experiences with that...the one you bought was SIM-free or unlocked?

Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    there have been mixed experiences with that...the one you bought was SIM-free or unlocked?
    an unlocked att set
    you would likely get a locked version back then....I have heard of people on Cingular with Cingular getting AWS locked handsets as replacements. P1 has some major work do for product support now that they have a dynamite product

Well I just got my third replacement Treo 600 today from Sprint. Amazing, the first one would only reset, the second one the screen went out....now let's see how long the third lasts....
    Just got my third:

1st Treo - Blown Speakerphone
    2nd Treo - Won't make any calls, 3 bars of service and no fails everytime.
    First one was down with the yellow spot issue.
    My current one the digitizer has stopped responding (after less than a week). Hard reset is stuck on registering screen. It appears to take about 10mins to accept the screen touch, and keeps on coming up with please try again.
    If the replacements are referbs then do you think there is a high probability of repeat failure, since they are just polishing a lemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by evad
    If the replacements are referbs then do you think there is a high probability of repeat failure, since they are just polishing a lemon.
    ain't that the truth

Yes.DEMAND a new phone. The refurbs do not address the newtwork search issue. Now that I got a brand new phone outside of the bad serial range, I barely get network search errors...
    I'm supposed to be getting my Treo 600 on Wednesday, but now I'm getting worried I may simply be getting an inferior quality product. If I may ask, what is the "bad serial range" so that I can check when I stop by the Cingular store. Thanks.
    palm sucks.

surprise! they ran the company into the ground and lost the market lead. complete tards.

customer support is a joke.
    of course they do not offer refunds, otherwise they would be broke.

we had about 200 in my company, and over 80 went bad. that's a 40 percent failure rate. (which is what I hear is "normal") Pathetic
    what is the executive relations phone number, im having hardtime too

thank you.
  20.    #40  
    Well, get this. Although I swore I was not going to use my Treo 600 replacement at all, I was having a hard time doing the things I needed to do without it. So, relunctantly I took the Treo 600 out of the Treo 600 (Original) box that I had put it in, turned it on, and immediately saw a YELLOW SPOT on the TOP RIGHT CORNER!!!! AUUUUUUUUGH!!!! Will it EVER END?!?!? Exec relations will be getting a call from me very soon.

TheHandlessKing
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast