1.    #1  
    my treo simply served me the silky smoothness since it came to my possesion.
    suddenly--yesterday-- my speaker sound became on and off and i couldn't hear the other party while they could hear me as my microphone was working properly.

my speakerphone function is ok and when i use headphone--it works fine.

need immediate sympathy/advice/solution--whatever--from u treo 600 guys.

thanx in advance.
    You need to exchange it.

It's happened to several people here.

Sorry for your loss.
  3.    #3  
    exchange--hmmmmmmm--thanx igreenburg.

but i bought it from palmone / handspring directly and i'm not sure whether i can exchange it now.

i got this treo in NOV 2003.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphonefan

but i bought it from palmone / handspring directly and i'm not sure whether i can exchange it now.

It happened to mine also. I thought I was going to have to do the same thing but I did a hard reset and made a call... still no sound... so I did a soft reset and I was in business again. It's a tragic problem for many. I think a complaint with the better business bureau would get you an exchange on this issue if simply calling them doesn't work.
    Previous User of T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition, Now Using T-Mobile Treo 600, Firmware v3.05, Software v600-1.12-ROW, Palm OS v5.2.1, Hardware B, Handspring Phone v1.0
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    OMG i was just going to make the same post!!!!!

for me the situation is different. This is because I am using a Sprint branded Treo600 bought from someone on howardforums converted to Verizon for the past two months. It has worked flawlessly until TODAY.

At first the other sound sounded very digitized and fuzzy, and I laughed since they were using "Cingular" service. Then the speaker completely went dead and I figured out that speakerphone works fine.

I really don't know what to do, I can't get a hold of the original person I purchased the unit from and I think im S.O.L.

dangit. im so sad. I really need a working phone. =(
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    im going to try to take it apart.

hopefully it's just a loose connection.

any downsides to this?

anyone try to take a treo600 apart before??
    Dead Speaker Fix / Treo 600 vivisection thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=speaker+fix
    Wow. My Treo 600 did the SAME THING. I read the Dead Speaker Fix thread with photos - looks like an older Treo - anybody got a solution for the Treo 600? I really don't want to send it back.
    Funny thing - the speaker doesn't work ONLY on phone calls. Email, programs, ringing when a call comes in - ALL WORK. Just no can hear when I'm on a call. Speakerphone AND headset work fine. Is the back speaker the one that makes all the other sounds? OH... also, when the speaker went out, so did the PHONE keypad tones. Other controls make sounds - just not the phone number keys or touchscreen. HELP! :-) Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphonefan

Just call PalmOne and you should have no trouble in having it exchanged. I bought mine from Handspring and I exchanged mine for the same problem as yours.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay
    Just call PalmOne and you should have no trouble in having it exchanged. I bought mine from Handspring and I exchanged mine for the same problem as yours.
    thanx sanjay,i called palmone and they agreed for exchange and tomorrow 30th of june is the ship date.
    lets see and thank u once again.

smartphonefan
    Well, I am on Treo #3 today because the speaker on Treo #2 died yesterday. Speaker phone worked and sound through the FM transmitter worked but nothing else did. Sprint did an immediate exchange for a new Handspring branded model. When I exchanged #1 for the network search problem, I had to wait for them to order me a refurbed PalmOne branded Treo. Not quite sure why they handled this one differently but the girl who took care of me said the tech was up to his ears in returns so she would exchange it without him even looking at it.

Keeping my fingers crossed that third times a charm.

Edit: Just noticed they changed my warranty date from October 2003 to December 2003. Wonder what's up with that.
    Last edited by lb505; 07/07/2004 at 11:04 PM.