Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Verichat's old version was more reliable. The new one definitely relies on data connection to stay logged in, even if you choose the SMS option. It keeps interfering with other apps, such as PDAnet. The old one didn't do that, but the data stream did temporarily freeze if there was an sms message on screen.

Can they possibly post their policy somewhere about always on? DO we have to interact with the server every so often or be logged out? Why can't their server store messages if you are out of coverage and then send them when you are back in a coverage area? If you would turn off the phone, you should be kept logged in for days if you want.
    I was having these terrible soft resets/phone freeeze up/ lock up things happening, and once I deleted 2.17 and went back to 2.15, that all went away. I would never have thought VC was causing it all, but it seems that indeed it was. Who woulda thunk it.....
    Not to be contradictory, but as far as I can tell I've stayed logged in for extended periods of time with my 2.17b "always on" mode. Granted, I lose my Vision connection a couple times a day, but that's what the SMS notification is for, and it's seemed to work well. I know that my desktop computer has told me that "my screen name is signed in in 2 locations" every time I've logged in for the past week, so it seems Verichat's servers are holding the connection. YMMV
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk
    Verichat's old version was more reliable. The new one definitely relies on data connection to stay logged in, even if you choose the SMS option. It keeps interfering with other apps, such as PDAnet. The old one didn't do that, but the data stream did temporarily freeze if there was an sms message on screen.

Can they possibly post their policy somewhere about always on? DO we have to interact with the server every so often or be logged out? Why can't their server store messages if you are out of coverage and then send them when you are back in a coverage area? If you would turn off the phone, you should be kept logged in for days if you want.
    Monk: v2.19b is out (via OTA). Maybe it fixes your problems.
    Is it just me or does downloading these OTA updates take a really long time?
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Is it just me or does downloading these OTA updates take a really long time?
    Mine downloaded in less than 1.5 minutes.
    Hmm, I wonder why mine is slow.

It took mine about five minutes to download.
    I downloaded Verichat 2.15b and it works but...
    Everytime I get a Instant Message, I get a new screen that says:
    New Text Message, From Unknown AIM: New IM from s9thtee.http..... with an OK/Snooze/Goto Buton at the bottom. I know this must be coming from SMS messaging or something but I cannot figure out how to stop it so I get a popup for each message received which is a real pain. Any idea how to get rid of this?

Thanks,
    Mark
    So far, so good. Have not been logged off yet. Doesn't seem to be using data connection when not in the app. Will keep my fingers and toes crossed.
    Downloaded the 2.19b over the air - it took 5+ minutes, similar to greeny above. My 2.17b was working okay, and I haven't seen any issues or differences with 2.19b in the three whole hours I've been using it...
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    auto downloaded 2.19b today while on the beach!
    went pretty fast about... 2 minutes

unfortunately still no difference, still signs off.....

what are they doing?!?!?!
    Since I bought the Treo to be able to IM on all major IM services, the latest turn of Verichat has me deeply disappointed.

Does anyone have any suggestions that might keep me online all day with AIM at the bare minimum? I actually had my client ask me if I was ok, because I am almost always online and lately I have not been.

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk
    Since I bought the Treo to be able to IM on all major IM services, the latest turn of Verichat has me deeply disappointed.

Does anyone have any suggestions that might keep me online all day with AIM at the bare minimum? I actually had my client ask me if I was ok, because I am almost always online and lately I have not been.

Meh.
    Excuse me, but why don't you just use the 1.9x version which works reliably for everybody? Nobody ever demanded to switch over to 2.xbeta...
    just upgraded to 2.19
    when i purchased the verichat, it only let me download the 2.x version. i did not see the option to download 1.9x version thou.
    Quote Originally Posted by gagga
    Excuse me, but why don't you just use the 1.9x version which works reliably for everybody? Nobody ever demanded to switch over to 2.xbeta...
    If the old version kept me logged in, I would. It keeps me logged in longer, but I still only go a few hours before being logged out.
    anyone having problems receiving file transfers from other treo 600 users? i have a friend that doesn't receive file transfers from me however i receive them from him.

any ideas????
    Sorry for asking this dumb question.

How exactly the always-on should work? i thought if i select always-on, if i switch to different apps, the verichat would work in the background, until I select the verichat icon and relaunch the apps, it would appear as accts were never logged off before.

but seem it is not happening in new version (2.15, 2.17, and now 2.19)? or did i set it up incorrectly?

right now, if i switch to different apps from verichat, and go back to verichat, my IM accts appear as "logged off".
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dpwaters
    anyone having problems receiving file transfers from other treo 600 users? i have a friend that doesn't receive file transfers from me however i receive them from him.

any ideas????
    My friend is having this problem and it resets/reboots the treo when it gets to 99% completed on the send.

I can send him pics or files from my verichat just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    Sorry for asking this dumb question.

[ ... ]

but seem it is not happening in new version (2.15, 2.17, and now 2.19)? or did i set it up incorrectly? right now, if i switch to different apps from verichat, and go back to verichat, my IM accts appear as "logged off".
    Not a dumb question and I don't think you set it up incorrectly. I have "Always On" enabled, and what you describe is exactly what happens to me, too.

I would expect that if I have Always On enabled ... when I am in VC, then I go to a different app, then back to VC ... I shouldn't see all my accounts as logged off. Is this a bug?
    Quote Originally Posted by pack_78
    I would expect that if I have Always On enabled ... when I am in VC, then I go to a different app, then back to VC ... I shouldn't see all my accounts as logged off. Is this a bug?
    correct, always on means that when you switch to another app, ppl who have you on their buddy list should see you as being connected.

Version 2.0 seems to have issues with this, at least in the begining. It seems to be working pretty well the last couple of days.

My treo has its own MSn id, So when I"m on the PC I can see when the treo disconnects..
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123