1.    #1  
    I love graffiti anywhere except that I can't use any words that contain an "i" since it always reads my stroke as an l. Is there a trick to this or some page that shows the graffiti strokes? I have some problems with other letters also but none so bad as the non-existent i.
    do a small stoke on the left side from top to bottom and do it stright down. Right after that, right above the starting poin of th efrist stroke, so a stoke from right to left, at a 45 degree angle from bottom right, to top left. This should produce an "i", this also works in the middle for a capital
    How about with NewPen? I switched to that for the same reason, but can't make an i with that either? The technique Burkhardi mentioned for Grafiti produces a "!" mark.
    For everyone that interesting.

Attached are the Graffiti 2 Demo app (with all the overlay languages, install only the language overlay you need)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Or downgrade (?) to Graffiti 1 and have no problems with i or t etc.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    How do you downgrade to Graffiti 1?? I understand you can download the libs from the palmone site...
    Quote Originally Posted by mexnerd
    How do you downgrade to Graffiti 1?? I understand you can download the libs from the palmone site...
    I should have said "downgrade" as it is not downgrade from my point of view

If you go to

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=51332

and read my post #3, you will see how to do it.

A general hint for the future, try using the search button within Treocentral as there are pages of info on Graffiti 1.

Also, I only recently found that if you click on someones name on the left you can find all their previous post. That's how I found the above link which I knew I had posted.

Don't take the above as a brush off, it's meant to be helpful

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by chasjane
    I love graffiti anywhere except that I can't use any words that contain an "i" since it always reads my stroke as an l. Is there a trick to this or some page that shows the graffiti strokes? I have some problems with other letters also but none so bad as the non-existent i.
    I also had the same problem with Graffiti Anywhere .... all my attempts to input an 'i' ended up as a lowercase l. But I finally figured out what needed to be changed.

In Graffiti Anywhere, under the "Activation" tab, I'm using the Method "Tap screen corner". When using that Method, there's a checkbox for "Single tap recognition". Uncheck the "Single tap recognition" box.

Now, when I activiate Graffiti Anywhere, I can make an i by doing a short stroke, top to bottom, then lifting the stylus and tapping a dot above the short stroke.

What's happening is this: with "Single tap recognition" enabled, the tap for the dot over the i is seen as a tap to, for example, position the cursor in the text. So the dot over the i is interperted by the underlying application, not Graffiti Anywhere. With it unenabled, the tap to dot the i is seen by Graffiti Anywhere. Now, to position the cursor in the text (or allow the underlying application to see my "tap", I just hold the stylus on the area of the screen where I would have tapped, and after a long tap (as it were), the cursor can be positioned in the text (or interpreted as a tap by the underlying app)

I also had problems making a lowercase l with a space after it ... it always became a lowercase t. The trick here is to make sure that your "forward space" stroke does not cross the stroke that you used to create the lowercase l. If the second stroke does cross the first one, then it's seen by Graffiti Anywhere as a lowercase t, not a lowercase l + space.

Hope this helps!

Jack {{ with his i's dotted and his t's crossed. }}