1.    #1  
    I need a good IM prog for yahoo & Aol. Is there any?
    Also is there any unified im prog.

Thanks Tons !
    I don't mean to be rude but there are literally hundreds of threads on IM for the Treo. Try a search first before starting another thread.
    I have to agree with the "search before asking" comment...

Just the same, I highly recomend VeriChat from PDAapps.
    And if I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times: if you can take the time to reply to a post, just answer the question instead of bumping up the thread and telling the poor person to do a search. If nobody replies, he'll eventually do a search. If you reply with "do a search" it's just rude.

I also swear by Verichat. I've been using it since it was in beta.
    Another very good choice is Chatter. You can check it out at imchatter.com
    I 2nd chatter. Great program with a somewhat different approach to IM. http://www.imchatter.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    And if I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times: if you can take the time to reply to a post, just answer the question instead of bumping up the thread and telling the poor person to do a search. If nobody replies, he'll eventually do a search. If you reply with "do a search" it's just rude.

I also swear by Verichat. I've been using it since it was in beta.
    I disagree. I think you should try to help yourself first (search) before asking for help, especially when it's something that has been covered many many times.

As a teacher, if a student came to you asking a question that you knew was in their textbook, would you give them the answer or tell them to look it up in their book.
    Last edited by webslappy; 06/17/2004 at 12:49 PM.
    The reason for asking this question before or after searching would be to get the latest information and not information on some old thread. I also agree with Alli. If you took the time to tell someone to search, why not do something nice and provide the information they requested and if you dont have any helpful information just dont say anything at all and move on.
    * I have been lurking for a while but this motivated me to register. Thanks for the motivation. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ipxpert
    The reason for asking this question before or after searching would be to get the latest information and not information on some old thread.
    That's a weak excuse for laziness. If you did a search and found 'old' information (unlikely since this particular topic has been discussed ad-nausem), then post a question in that thread asking for 'updated' information rather than start another thread.
    Thank you, ipxpert, and welcome to posting.

As for you, webslappy, a forum is not like a textbook, and you don't use a 48 volume encyclopedia to get the answer to a simple question. Glad you're not the teacher.
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj
    I have to agree with the "search before asking" comment...

Just the same, I highly recomend VeriChat from PDAapps.

How is it rude when he gave you an answer in addition to telling to you to search next time? Please....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    As for you, webslappy, a forum is not like a textbook, and you don't use a 48 volume encyclopedia to get the answer to a simple question. Glad you're not the teacher.
    I agree. You do a simple search to get your answer.

Glad my kids aren't spoonfed answers by enabling teachers.
    I have tried VeriChat, Chatter and Mundu. VeriChat got my money. It has the most intuitive interface and is easy to set up and use. You can try all three for free so give them a shot and make your own decision.

Andy
    Sadly on Orange France the only one that works for me is Mundu. The others seem to using ports that Orange has blocked :-(
    Still, Mundu is cheap and works well!
    I really like Mundu, but since it's new it still needs a lot of work feature-wise. It's very promising though... I'm keeping my eye on it

Since nobody posted a link for it yet: http://www.geodesiconline.com/htm/pr...mundu_palm.htm