1.    #1  
    okay, so a fellow user ICQ'd me about helping out with Lightwav.

First of all, I am more into office productivity apps, but I figured I would try to help out 'cause its the right thing to do.

Well, I read the manual and tried to help him out with the trial version. No go.

Now, I have downloaded the trial version and, for the life of me, I can't get it to work. I have it enabled in the prefs. I created a Lightwav profile with Milan's Simple Profile Manager that has the SMS and voice ringers set to silent and I have some recorded sounds from Audacity (in .wav) on the SD card set as the ringtones in Lightwav.

Help!!!!!!
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Obviously you can play the wav files from PocketTunes? The whole profile thing throws me...still trying to figure out why people need them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    The whole profile thing throws me...still trying to figure out why people need them.
    Here's what I wrote in another thread about using a profile app (personally, I use Profeo 600 Lite):

Quote Originally Posted by j.c.
    When you're outdoors, it's often difficult to see your screen clearly unless the brightness is turned all the way up. Out of the box, though, the Treo offers no easy way to temporarily brighten the screen; option+p only allows you to dim it.

Most people, I think, wouldn't want their display preferences set to the brightest possible setting because it's just too bright for normal use and it wastes battery power. Personally, I find the "night" mode setting (the dimmest display setting which is temporarily invoked when you do an option+p under normal conditions) just fine for normal, indoor use. But, if you set your brightness all the way down like that, option+p will do absolutely nothing for the screen and you'll be forced to go into your display preferences to brighten it. Yes, as you mentioned, you can set up ZLauncher so that your brightness settings are accessible directly from its interface, but then you'd have to switch to the launcher, then fiddle with the settings themselves whenever you want to change the screen's brightness. Using a profiles application, you can set your device so that "night" mode is the default setting (i.e., the screen is at its dimmest setting whenever you turn it on), and option+p will instantly brighten the screen to its highest setting, for outdoor use. Another option+p will dim it again. It will basically reverse the way option+p normally works--brightening the screen instead of dimming it--which, to me, is much more useful.

(Ideally, it would have been nice if the OS was set up so that, in display preferences, if your brightness was set above the 50% mark, option+p would dim the screen to its minimum setting and, if brightness was set below the 50% mark, option+p would brighten the screen to its maximum setting. This way, you wouldn't have a situation where option+p does nothing.)
    This is the only reason I started using Profeo. I know using a profile app for this one feature seems like overkill, but I couldn't figure out a simpler way to do it.

(Sorry for the OT post!)
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    okay, so a fellow user ICQ'd me about helping out with Lightwav.

First of all, I am more into office productivity apps, but I figured I would try to help out 'cause its the right thing to do.

Well, I read the manual and tried to help him out with the trial version. No go.

Now, I have downloaded the trial version and, for the life of me, I can't get it to work. I have it enabled in the prefs. I created a Lightwav profile with Milan's Simple Profile Manager that has the SMS and voice ringers set to silent and I have some recorded sounds from Audacity (in .wav) on the SD card set as the ringtones in Lightwav.

Help!!!!!!
    are you able to play the wav files in the Sounds screen. you do not need pocketTunes to play wav files. lwav has built-in wav player. you only set the unknown and known callers to "silent" in the Sound prefs app.

what happens when you get a call? does your Treo vibrate or still hear the midi ringtones? if you still cant get it work do a soft reset then go back to lwav general prefs and re-check enable checkbox.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    I have also had problems with lightwav. It would just stop functioning totally. A soft reset would get things going again.
    j.c. thanks for mentioning Profeo: I like that app a lot. Regarding lwav, I have no problems with it whatsoever so I am not quite sure what's missing from 100th's settings. Just to reiterate: Set your unknown and known callers to "silent" in the Sound prefs app!
  7.    #7  
    the soft reset and re-enabling worked!!!! what is the directory that Lightwave creates to the SD card?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    the soft reset and re-enabling worked!!!! what is the directory that Lightwave creates to the SD card?
    Lightwav does not create any folders on the card. what you need is make sure you have the sound paths assigned correctly in the Sound Prefs in lwav.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca