Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I am happy to announce the release of our new application - Palm Webcam.

Palm Webcam allows for camera equipped Palm OS handhelds to be used as a USB Webcam!

The included WDM driver makes it possible to use the built-in camera as a Webcam with Windows applications that makes use of regular webcams.

The Windows application Palm Webcam PC displays the video from the camera and lets you change the webcam settings.

With Palm Webcam one can select the Treo600 as the camera source in your favorite Webcam, Instant Messaging and Video Capture applications. These include widely used applications such as MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger and Windows Movie Maker.

Palm Webcam requires a PC running Windows 2000 or Windows XP.

All Palm OS models with a built-in camera are supported and these are currently Sony CLIE NR70V, NX70V, NX73V, NX80V, NZ90, UX40,UX50, TJ27, TJ37, TH55, palmOne Zire71, Zire72 and Treo600.

For more info and to download visit www.clievideo.com.

Enjoy the new webcam capabilities of your Treo600!
  2.    #2  
    Palm Webcam is shareware and has a trial period of 2 weeks. During the trial period a text string is written to the video frames and it reminds you to register when launching. This is removed in the registered version.

Registration of Palm Webcam is available for a limited time for the introductional price of $14.95. The regular price will be a bit higher.
    Just been playing with this. A nice little app!

Oli
    Nice idea, useful sometimes. Wouldnt it be nice to actually take advantage of the devices integrated capabilities and not consider it just a Palm with a camera! It does have communications built in. How about using it to stream the WebCam over the data connection wirelessly.
    yep - I was hoping for wireless, as well. If that's possible, that would be awesome.
    Yes, have it broadcast to an existing web site and then display from there. Then you could turn it on and off no mater where you were, so you could go live at any time.

Also it would need to have a record features so you could keep. err episodes..
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
    Will somebody explain to me in plain english exactly what it is this new app does? I'm not fully understanding all of this tech speak....

Thanks in advance,

-G
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by experiment626
    Nice idea, useful sometimes. Wouldnt it be nice to actually take advantage of the devices integrated capabilities and not consider it just a Palm with a camera! It does have communications built in. How about using it to stream the WebCam over the data connection wirelessly.
    Excellent idea and we are looking at different forms of wireless connections also. This include wifi and bluetooth for devices that have those capabilities and also the type of wireless connection that the Treo600 offers. It will be in either a later version of Palm Webcam or in a different application.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 03Range
    Will somebody explain to me in plain english exactly what it is this new app does? I'm not fully understanding all of this tech speak....

Thanks in advance,

-G
    Palm Webcam will let you connect your Treo600 with a PC over an USB connection and use it as a webcam.

You will be able to select the Treo as the camera source for Windows applications such as MSN Messenger.

Hopefully that was a bit clearer, not sure how plain the english was though since I live in Sweden
    After I use the webcam my horsync won't work. Consistent through three restarts.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    After I use the webcam my horsync won't work. Consistent through three restarts.
    When the Palm Webcam PC.exe is started it checks if the HotSync application is running and then disables it - otherwise it will conflict with the webcam streaming. However, when you exits Palm Webcam PC the HotSync application will be restarted if it was running when PW PC was launched.

Could this be it? Are you starting a HotSync when the Palm Webcam PC app is still running? If so, could please try and close it and make sure that the HotSync app is running?

Thanks,

Jonatan
    Very nice application!
    The Windows application that comes with the Palm Webcam, "Palm Webcam PC.exe", is not working on my Windows 2000 laptop. It does show up in the Windows Task Manager, but is not otherwise visible. And the Webcam Palm app complains that the "Palm Webcam PC.exe" is not running.

How do I get it the Windows executable to work? The Windows driver does seem to be installed, according to the Device Manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by experiment626
    Totally agree here. This should have been the originally functionally, I mean doesn't everyone already have a webcam on their PC?

ClieVideo, you or someone else let me know when they can allow my Treo to stream my camera over the existing data connection wirelessly.
    do you really have to hold the treo600 in front of ur face so you can look into the cam?
    i hope someoen could make a desktop stand so the device can place in the stand while using it as a webcam.

it is nice to have a program, but if i have to hold on my treo600 for long for the web cam session (especially using USB sync cable), i rather hook up my laptop webcam.

have not tried the program yet thou.

btw, since it has the webcam capability, can it use it as a stand alone movie recorder?
    Very cool app. Worked as it should for me. Would probably be useful while travelling (to not have to carry a webcam with my laptop, though I don't usually bring a cradle with me...).

Still, my first thought when seeing the thread was that it would stream video straight from the phone over the data connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    i hope someoen could make a desktop stand so the device can place in the stand while using it as a webcam.
    Palm makes one, it's called a Cradle.
    yea but the cradel makes the camera point down doesnt it? i have not got one so i might be wrong
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    You will also need to make the pc app, check to see if pdanet is running, they are not compatable with each other. the pdanet program has to be unloaded beore the web cam app loads.
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
    Quote Originally Posted by dune
    Palm makes one, it's called a Cradle.
    i know palm makes one. but the cam faces down rather than up.

any other suggestions?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast