Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    mine just says Not Connected. i cant connect . what gives
    Quote Originally Posted by grim02
    Any chance on getting this to work with NetMeeting - that's the program I use most for meetings at work, and it would be fun to suprize the folks with some live video. I tried, by my video options dropdown where I select a video capture device are disabled, which I take to mean that NetMeeting doesn't recognize any video capture devices including clievideo. Thanks - great app!
    Same Question......ANY SUGGESTIONS??
    I have detailed files.
    The program isn't working for me at all. Could it possibly because I use a Sprint CDMA Treo 600?
    I got Webcam to work with MSN, but it crashes my Treo after 2 minutes
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    yea also sprint
    Working (for the most part) for me with Sprint CDMA - the Windows Audio Tuner sees the input, as well as Yahoo IM; MSN Messenger and AOL IM don't see the input tho.
    This program needs some serious Quality Assurance. I have seen various problems including bluescreens caused by the driver and reboots to the phone.

I guess the $14.99 is the Microsoft approach to selling beta software. ;-)
    Okay I think I see whats happening now. I pulled up Windows Device Manager while trying to connect to the PC app. When I try to connect, the same thing happens as when I hotsync, even though the Hotsync Manager is shut down; that is, a category called Palm OS Handheld Devices appears, with the item Handspring Treo beneath it. As I said, this is the same thing that happens when I run a Hotsync. I do have the item "Palm Handheld USB Webcam" under Sound, video, and game controllers, but I think that somehow that Windows is detecting it as the Treo trying to Hotsync instead of detecting it as the Webcam.
    Quote Originally Posted by dune
    I already have two cradles (home and work). Any self-respecting Treo owner has at least one. While it does angle down, during my demo, I simply propped up the bottom of the cradle to angle the camera correctly...

A web server is a very tiny app. Has anyone ever written a web server for Palm OS? [Found one: http://httpdpalm.sourceforge.net/] I think the issue would be more in having the processing power to serve the animated jpgs?

And then, how would you direct someone TO your Treo to view the images?
    I tried that one before on my Treo 300. Didn't work. Looks like it hasn't been updated since 2001. Anyone know of another?

With an integrated web server, the webcam program could write the latest live image to memory and serve it up! Live video and sound would not be quite as feasible...
    If it doesn't function as a wireless webcam, it's nothing more than a $600 webcam downgraded to $20, yawn !

Wireless or nothing.
    Okay I realized the problem. I thought I had uninstalled PDANet, but apparently I hadn't; it was still running in my taskbar. Now Palm Webcam is working fine.
    This app is great. I travel a lot and would like to do webcam stuff to my family, but I don't want to carry another device in my already full laptop. this works great. No issues whatsoever with MSN messenger. AOLIM has issues, but it has issues even with my createive webcam at home. This is well worth the $$.

bonger
    this is an absolutely sick application. the quality is really good, and since i don't have a webcame, this thing is ideal for me. The best part about it. scandalex, not sure why you can't take good pics with your treo 600. i've taken a bunch and they come out superb. i am pretty sure you are not comparing the quality to that of a dedicated digicam, so I am not sure what's wrong. lighting? camera shake?
    Help!

I got the app on my phone, but it is not set up on the pc it is in my zip folder. When I try to open the .exe file I get the error message HSAPI.dll was not found. Re-installing the app may fix this problem. What is the proper method to install?

Thanks
    Larry
    Nice app, great concept - but without being wireless it's functionality is pretty limited. I don't really want to stream shots of my desk to the world. But if I could stream (and have the server capture) live video of breaking news that would be neat.

Dunc
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    i know palm makes one. but the cam faces down rather than up.

any other suggestions?
    Prop it up. Oops, sorry, I just couldn't resist.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    okay, ive downloaded the software and have the palm webcam.prc on my palm BUT there was no software to download onto my PC???

can someone please help me ?

thank you

U
    Quote Originally Posted by lmaglione
    Help!

I got the app on my phone, but it is not set up on the pc it is in my zip folder. When I try to open the .exe file I get the error message HSAPI.dll was not found. Re-installing the app may fix this problem. What is the proper method to install?

Thanks
    errr yes same problem as above for me too, can anyone help out???

Thanks
    PC only?! agghh. foiled again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ufo8mycat
    errr yes same problem as above for me too, can anyone help out???

Thanks
    I think I had that problem when I tried it. Try saving the zip to your desktop and extract the files into a folder. I think there's a pc installer or something like that. Good luck!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast