Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    I'm 5'2, so that could work...but I don't have a cradle. I'm thinking one of those vent doodads that hold your phone in the car would work well. And they're cheap enough to experiment with.
    Ali.....doodads????? Is that something only found there in LA?
    For $14.95 I bought it immediately. The quality is excellent, and for when I travel to somewhere with a WiFi connection I don't have to carry my webcam. Not only that, but at home I can now use my standard webcam on my chat program, and keep the Treo on yahoo. Now all I need is the right kind of holder, but that shouldn't be too difficult to cobble together.
    Alli, how do you get WIFi to work with the Treo600?
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by cybersam
    It does show up in the Windows Task Manager, but is not otherwise visible.
    If it is not visible, then it means it is doing something beore drawing the User Interface which is taking much longer than expected. Could you try and manully close the HotSync application on your PC before launching the PW PC app one time? If this helps you start it, then we would know that it is closing the HotSync app that halts the PWPC app.
    Quote Originally Posted by giuppi
    Alli, how do you get WIFi to work with the Treo600?
    I think she doesn't. She probably means using the Treo in conjunction with her laptop.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    btw, since it has the webcam capability, can it use it as a stand alone movie recorder?
    You can capture the video with applications such as AMCAP ( http://noeld.com/programs.asp?cat=video) and Windows Movie Maker.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by zone97
    You will also need to make the pc app, check to see if pdanet is running, they are not compatable with each other. the pdanet program has to be unloaded beore the web cam app loads.
    Thanks, I will have a look at that application and see what I can do about it.
  7.    #47  
    Sounds like you d/l the wrong version. There were many devices to choose from. You had to get the one specifically for the Palm/Treo 600.
    It is the same version for all devices. The device list is for statistical purposes to see which devices is used the most with the application. Jaydon must have downloaded another of our applications, "Vivid", which currently only supports one of the CLIE models.
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by cybersam
    Yes, that was the problem. This should be at least documented, but it would be better if the PC app put up an error message of some sort, rather than just run in the background without any hint of what went wrong (and without exiting).

By the way, the PC app also starts up a separate process every time you launch it (even if it fails to completely start up). There is no need to have multiple instances of this app running, so it should only allow itself to be started once.

Otherwise, seems to work well.
    The PC app does check if it is started allready, and wont allow a second instance to be run. However this seems to fail for you, very likely because the problem with the pdasoftnet app mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    I think she doesn't. She probably means using the Treo in conjunction with her laptop.
    Correct. WiFi on my laptop whilst using the Treo as my cam rather than as my modem when there's no WiFi available.

It sure will be nice when you can run PalmWebcam and PdaNet at the same time though!
    Someone asked about recording Video - try MovieRec from infinityball.com, or Live!
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdfairchild
    Someone asked about recording Video - try MovieRec from infinityball.com, or Live!
    Though both interesting. Neither export in user freindly formats. MovieRec has no true export function and LIVE! wants you to spend time with MovieMaker to create an avi from jpeg frames.
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    I originally got an error when I try to run the "Palm Webcam PC.exe" file: "The necessary file "ws.class" was not found in the anticipated path c:\...\wwwroot\pw.jar"

So I created the wwwroot directory underneath the directory that I expanded the zip file into and copied the pw.jar file into it - so far so good! Video quality is nice!
    I also wish I could use the webcam while I use pdanet cuz that is the only way I connect to internet! :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Magohn
    Though both interesting. Neither export in user freindly formats. MovieRec has no true export function and LIVE! wants you to spend time with MovieMaker to create an avi from jpeg frames.

The the newer version of Live - it exports directly to .avi which can be viewed on a pc with QuickTime.
    I got the webcam to work with Yahoo IM and Windows Movie Maker - AOL IM and MSN Messenger couldn't locate the camera - i'll have to see if I have another camera driver installed and unistall it - could be confusing the issue...
    The the newer version of Live - it exports directly to .avi which can be viewed on a pc with QuickTime.
    Oh really? Interesting. Thanks for the info.

EDIT: However isnt this "MJPG AVI" and therefore almost useless unless all the recepients of your emailed video are using the codec also?

This = confusion for the average recepient.
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdfairchild
    I originally got an error when I try to run the "Palm Webcam PC.exe" file: "The necessary file "ws.class" was not found in the anticipated path c:\...\wwwroot\pw.jar"

So I created the wwwroot directory underneath the directory that I expanded the zip file into and copied the pw.jar file into it - so far so good! Video quality is nice!
    Can you please tell me how to do this? I've been getting the same installation error. Thanks!
    JS Bach is the greatest!!!
    Any chance on getting this to work with NetMeeting - that's the program I use most for meetings at work, and it would be fun to suprize the folks with some live video. I tried, by my video options dropdown where I select a video capture device are disabled, which I take to mean that NetMeeting doesn't recognize any video capture devices including clievideo. Thanks - great app!
    EDIT: However isnt this "MJPG AVI" and therefore almost useless unless all the recepients of your emailed video are using the codec also?
    Yes and no. Live will export to "mjpg avi", which requires a specific codec. This codec is non-standard for Windows Media Player, but standard for QuickTime. So as long as your recipients have QT, you're okay. (I only know this because of a long thread recently on this subject).

The bigger issue is that the exported video plays at a much greater rate than recorded (it seems to be hard-coded at 15fps, so the video seems superfast).
    Vernontrpt: All I did to fix the error was create a directory called "wwwroot" underneath the directory that I exploded the .zip file into, and then COPIED the *.jar files into that directory. Let me know how it works!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast