1.    #1  
    Just the other night, I stepped out of a restaurant for a smoke. I saw this guy with a Treo 600. I struck up a conversation with him and elicited the following:
    1. He got his T600 6 months ago;
    2. He's fairly satisfied with it;
    3. His previous phone and PDA was a Nokia and IPaq;
    4. The only problems he encountered was the 600's battery acting up and inability to read outdoors; and
    5. Seeing the bluetooth on my ear, the T600's lack of BT functionality.

We exchanged phones for a few minutes (mine is an SE P 900). The 600 felt good. Reminded me of the good old days I had with my 270.

Hopefully, as soon as PalmOne comes up with the improved version (display, bluetooth, etc.), I'm gonna get me one.

jojoc
    previous T270 owner
    smoking is bad for you.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    smoking is bad for you.
    smoking while using a treo is even worse...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=treo+cancer
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    smoking while using a treo is even worse...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=treo+cancer
    Yeah but with a screen protector, my phone won't get cancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by jojoc
    Just the other night, I stepped out of a restaurant for a smoke. I saw this guy with a Treo 600. I struck up a conversation with him and elicited the following:
    1. He got his T600 6 months ago;
    2. He's fairly satisfied with it;
    3. His previous phone and PDA was a Nokia and IPaq;
    4. The only problems he encountered was the 600's battery acting up and inability to read outdoors; and
    5. Seeing the bluetooth on my ear, the T600's lack of BT functionality.

We exchanged phones for a few minutes (mine is an SE P 900). The 600 felt good. Reminded me of the good old days I had with my 270.

Hopefully, as soon as PalmOne comes up with the improved version (display, bluetooth, etc.), I'm gonna get me one.

jojoc
    previous T270 owner

You seem to be constantly influenced by strangers on the street:

Lemme tell you of this incident. I was at a shop purchasing a screen protector for my brand-new P900 when I spotted this lady trying to have the shop's technician install some programs for her 2-week old T600.

We started comparing our units and she told me that her T600 rattles, she can't read a thing under the sunlight, she wishes it had bluetootrh, the SD card sticks out and she can't install mp3 music files (the reason why she was at this shop).

She was surprised when told that the P900 had everything of the above, the only drawback being there are more Palm applications vs. Symbian (easily rectified as I was able to purchase 2 CDs full of P800/900 applications from E-Bay).

One more thing, she commented that I was accessing her T600 applications with ease and asked if I too had a 600. Nope, I replied. I retired my T270 but learned everything about the T600 by reading the threads at Treo Central.

jojoc

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    LOL!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Yeah, seems like it. My problem is that I tend to notice things, especially those that influence/interest me. And the 600 really fascinates me.

My wife says this will eventually get me into trouble.

Like the guy outside the restaurant. He was startled when I approached him...he thought I was a would-be thief. The common denominator between that guy and the woman some months back was the T600.

Come to think of it, I had not seen a T600 during the months between the two "incidents."

And I had hoped that PalmOne would have done something by now to improve the 600.
    I've never seen anyone else in person with a Treo 600.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  9.    #9  
    We had our own discussion group organized (handspringph@yahoogroups.com) for all Philippine Treo owners, but it's dead now.

Will send a message to said forum to see if anyone's still alive. My best guess: the 180/270 owners' internal batteries died and they've moved on to newer phones.
    I saw a Treo 600 on the street in the Phillipines months ago. It's one of the most GSM saturated places I have ever visited and with all the latest phones.
  11.    #11  
    Poryphyron,

Then you were really in the Philippines. Changing phones is just like changing clothes for us.

Nokia reportedly uses the Philippines as a testing ground for its new products.

We're the text messaging/SMS capital (5 million messages daily)of the world so much so that our government wants to impose a tax on SMS to help balance the budget.

Was the owner a yuppie or a businessman? The 600 retails for around US$ 800 here.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Strange thing happened to me in two separate restaurants in Dallas. I saw two rather distinguishes gentlemen with Treo600s and a beautiful blond in tow! In each case we made eye contact, glanced at each others Treo600s nodded, smiled slightly and then in both cased they gave me the thumbs up?

How come I didn’t get a blond with my Treo?

By the way I have never run into a p900 users that wasn’t in lust for MY Treo!
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I was at work, and one of the customers came in with a Treo 600. I am a manager at a grocerry store, and I do not live in a big business market, so I was definetly shocked. I have only met 1 other person who has and uses a Palm. That is the stores general manager. He loves my Treo, I cant believe I havent got him to buy one yet.
  14.    #14  
    That's the beauty of a Treo 600 or any other Treo for that matter: it draws attention.

And gfunkmagic, it can also be the other way around (about me being influenced by strangers): two summers ago a tourist approached me at a resort and asked me about my 270. He said he buy one as soon he got back to Hamburg.
  15.    #15  
    Today is Father's Day. After dinner, my family decided to have coffee at Starbucks. Guess what I saw?

A T600 in an aluminum case, just like Michael Ducker's review. I struck up a conversation with the owner and she said that she rated her 600 a 6 or 7. One problem was some sort of a hissing sound it makes when talking. The other? Bluetooth (she said this as an afterthought when she noticed my BT headset).

She said her boyfriend has one too and that he's nuts over his, giving it a 9.5.

She got hers from her mom who couldn't figure what to do with it.

And the aluminum case is really cool. It opens to the left.

You better go get one.