1.    #1  
    What would be the best way to use this as an mp3 player? WIth an sd card? Or could you acutually store the mp3 on the phone via 3rd party software? Do they make software like this?
    pocket tunes delux plays mp3 files from sd card. lightwav can save mp3 files into ram (in the phone). lightwav is the program which you can assign mp3 ringtones to the contacts and apps.
    I got pockettunes basic (ver2) for free for registering my Treo with Handspring. It works great as long as you only want to play MP3 files and not WMA or OGG and don't need streaming audio.
    RealPlayer has a free Palm mp3 player.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    pocket tunes delux plays mp3 files from sd card. lightwav can save mp3 files into ram (in the phone). lightwav is the program which you can assign mp3 ringtones to the contacts and apps.
    Speaking of assigning ringtones, can you assign pictures to different contacts?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    RealPlayer has a free Palm mp3 player.

If I use this one from real player, can I play them off of the sd card? Because...... now that I think about it, you could filll up the memory real quick by storing mp3 on the actuall palm pilot.

Coiuld you give me a link to that, because I could'nt find it
    Last edited by pdxrealtor; 06/17/2004 at 10:57 AM.
  7.    #7  
    sorry bout hte bump, I am testing system features
    you know, the MP3 function is one of the things about the 600 that I like the MOST, and it's one of the things that I really didn't think would be that big a deal to me. Having my music with me all the time (and being to switch back and forth btw phone and music via the Seidio 2-in-1 headset makes ALL the difference in the world) makes me use the MP3 capability all the time. Yes, I have a separate MP3 player, but since I have my phone with me everywhere I go, I now listen to music all the time, via the Seidio. (my neighbors say 'you've got that thing in your ear again')
    So - the hint here is that if you plan to use the MP3 function a lot, definitely get the Seidio or something like it - it'll make a huge difference in how often you'll use the music capability. And, yes, grab a couple of 256Mb (at least) cards to store and change out the music.
    www.seidioonline.com
  9.    #9  
    where do I get the software though, ... to use mp3s, the player.
  11. ewm
    You may be able to get the Real Player without logging in to their tunes site at

http://www.real.com/R/RC.022704r1mob...r1mobile_palm1

Otherwise you can try at http://www.real.com/realmobile/palmo...e=Treo%2520600

There used to be a free version of PocketTunes available from PalmOne when you register your Treo - you may want to check the PalmOne site...

Good luck.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Actually, I have the pocket tunes basic ver 2.x that I got when I registered my treo. I converted my mp3s to ogg and saved them on the SD card. They play just fine with the basic version of PT
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slartibartfast
    I got pockettunes basic (ver2) for free for registering my Treo with Handspring. It works great as long as you only want to play MP3 files and not WMA or OGG and don't need streaming audio.

HUH? Ptunes supports mp3, OGG and WMA now...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    HUH? Ptunes supports mp3, OGG and WMA now...
    he probably isn't aware that they just updated it.

And Pocket Tunes was available as a free download when you registered your Treo. Try going to PalmOne's site and register if you didn't already pdxrealtor.