1.    #1  
    Is the internet that you get from having t-zones the same thing as unlimited data?

Because I have t-zones accesss, but can't log on using the tmobile internet.

Also, when I log on to the web, how the hell do I log off?

And am I being charged for using online time through tzones?

Tmobile internet is not charged per minitute, right!
  2.    #3  
    Ok, well here is the deal. I can send and recieve email, and log onto websites, wap and normal and I don't even have t-zones on my account, let alone unlimited internet.

So what do you make of this? ANd do you think they are charging me airtime?
    Ok, well here is the deal. I can send and recieve email, and log onto websites, wap and normal and I don't even have t-zones on my account, let alone unlimited internet.
    TMO Unlimited Internet includes tzones access. TMO unlimited internet allows you to access to the internet w/o any restriction. I am not sure what kind of data plan do you have in your account. Currently tmo offers free GPRS access to the WAP (mobile site) sites but they also open all ports for users to access.

So what do you make of this? ANd do you think they are charging me airtime?
    No, as long as you connect to the net via GPRS connection.
  4.    #5  
    Well, I was connecting through the t-=zones connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxrealtor
    Well, I was connecting through the t-=zones connection.
    With Tmobile, you could pay 19.99 for unlimited access to email, all web sites and streaming internet audio via shoutcast using the Internet or VPN Internet connection. Or pay 4.99 for T-zone which gives you access to email and most websites, also unlimited data usage. Tzones will prevent you from accessing certain ports, such as those necessary for secure transactions and shoutcast. Tmobile also starting giving away free WAP access to all customers last fall. This is equivalent to getting Tzones without having to pay at all. Usually, you have to ask a Tmobile rep to turn this on and they will at no charge. If you tell them that you have a treo600, they might tell you that the Treo600 is not a WAP phone and it will not work. But of course, it does. Recently however, people have been noticing that free WAP through tzones has stopped working, maybe tmobile is cracking down.

Note that I had the 19.99 plan. I then changed my voice plan and my data plan was accidently turned off, though I had not realized this.. I was still able to access the internet after that. My next phone bill then showed that I had accumulated $200 in data plan charges due to outrageous per megabyte charges. I convinced the rep that this was not my fault and they gave me a credit. Moral is: check your data usage and charges if you haven't actively signed up with a data plan.

Here is another thread on the issue on Tmobile data plans:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=43054
    My email will no longer fetch over tzones connection as of 6/18...any idea....maybe just a temporary glitch?
    I had that problem and had to turn on the unlimited internet @ $19.99. With the free plan, my understanding is that you can only access websites. Email and IM programs don't work with this because they restrict what ports you can access with the free plan.
    it is time for tmo to turn off the opened ports for tzone / free gprs now.
  9.    #10  
    Well I just ordered the unlimited data, for the simple reason, that I didn't want to get a huge bill. My last 2 bills have been int he 300 range due to overage, so I cannot afford to have any more big bills.

ONe thing though, my internet seems to be slow, is there any tweaks I could do to speed it up?