1.    #1  
    You really must try the new version of Beyond Contacts, it has excellent DPAD support - probably the best of any app I've seen on Treo 600 (excepting some custom built ones of course).

They've alsop made the contact search feature work like the default contacts app, and for me the other really big improvement is that it now "supports" the native contacts app by synchronising between the two at each hot sync. Obviously not "native" support, but good enough for me.

All it needs now is photos in contacts, and its perfect. The only downside I find is that tasks do not appear on the day view, only in tasks view or Today screen. It's a price I pay happily for the dpad navigation
    I agree. I don't have a Treo 600, I'm still using my Kyocera 7135. But I use Beyond Contacts. Heck, it's the single most valuable application I have on my phone.

So it was nice to see them finally put in the ability to sync the Contacts app along with the BC databases. I was syning both apps, but that was always a kludge. Very annoying.

Now.... no problems.

The only thing that DataViz needs to do now is to release their Inbox-to-Go Wireless application with a redirector that PUSHES e-mail on a realtime basis and not every 15 minutes as is currently the case. If they do that then I am set. Between Beyond Contacts, Documents to Go, and Inbox-to-Go Wireless, DataViz has almost everything I need for portable office connectivity.
  3.    #3  
    I haven't looked into Inbox-to-go because I bought Snappermail, which integrates perfectly with Beyond Contacts :-)

In any case, the new navigation is wonderful, I had given up hope on them getting support in the 'details' screen of a meeting, task, or contact. Big mistake - they came back with a slam-dunk.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I upgraded to Beyond Contacts 3.005 but the sync between BC and the T600's Contacts app doesn't appear to work. Ideas?
  5.    #5  
    It doesn't do it on the treo, it does it at the next sync with your pc. Not perfect, but it works.

When I installed BC it said I seemed to be using a smartphone and did I want to activate this feature. If you didn't choose yes to this it won't work I guess, but I don't know how to reactivate this
    This software is outstanding, just downloaded the trial and have been playing with it for a few minutes. I am just going to have a hard time justifying $30 for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mumbos
    It doesn't do it on the treo, it does it at the next sync with your pc. Not perfect, but it works.

When I installed BC it said I seemed to be using a smartphone and did I want to activate this feature. If you didn't choose yes to this it won't work I guess, but I don't know how to reactivate this
    If you didn't select YES at the prompt, you can always activate the feature later.

Simply right-click your Palm Hotsync tray icon and select CUSTOM.
    Then select the BEYOND CONTACTS conduit and select CHANGE...
    Then select the CONTACTS OPTIONS button on the right.
    Then select ENABLE SYNCRONIZATION WITH THE BUILT-IN CONTACTS DATABASE.

Done.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Didn't sync yesterday. Does today... Go figure... As always, thanks for the QUICK responses.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ksawatsky
    Didn't sync yesterday. Does today... Go figure... As always, thanks for the QUICK responses.
    Based on this thread, I downloaded the trial. I like it, but it doesn't seem to sync all my e-mail address between the Palm contacts and Beyond contacts. What seems to happen is that e-mail address #2 and #3 (and sometimes #1) doesnt' get picked up by the built-in contacts (the phone numbers do without a problem). When it re-synchs, the missing e-mail address get deleted from both Beyond Contacts and Outlook. What it actually does is delete the e-mail address, but leaves the "display as" so I can regain them. The weird thing is it only does this on a few contacts (and always the same one) and not the majority of them. I can't figure out why. Syncing with two computers (home and work) seem to make the problem worse. I have tried deleting the offending contacts and re-inputing them, but it still doesn't want to sync them. It's a problem because 1) it deletes the e-mail addresses from outlook when they don't sync to the built-in contacts and 2)Snappermail can't see e-mails addresses that aren't in the built-in contacts database.

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? Anyone have any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Is there any way to install/configure the Beyond Contacts so I can send new SMS to one of my contacts from the Beyond Contacts? Now when I go to SMS and click on To field - it allows me to select only from the contacts entered in the original Treo's contacts app.
  11.    #11  
    I haven't found much in the way of SMS integration in BC - but I use TakePhone, (with it launching the built in contacts app for modifications which is then synched on the next hotsync), so don't much use BC to find contacts for emil or sms purposes (azlthough it does do the email bit)
    Last time I tried out Beyond Contacts, I couldn't get it to integrate with the smartphone software. Is there a way to do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    This software is outstanding, just downloaded the trial and have been playing with it for a few minutes. I am just going to have a hard time justifying $30 for it.
    Check out your local Staples store (hopefully you have one). I picked up the software for $29.95 with a $20 rebate making it $9.95.

The software was 1 revision behind, but it was a free download to upgrade to the latest from the website.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwbaker
    Check out your local Staples store (hopefully you have one). I picked up the software for $29.95 with a $20 rebate making it $9.95.

The software was 1 revision behind, but it was a free download to upgrade to the latest from the website.
    Is it an instore rebate? I don't see it on-line
    Rebate was attached to the package in the store.
    Last edited by cwbaker; 06/23/2004 at 11:23 AM.