1.    #1  
    Sorry if this this thread is in the wrong forum, but the office computer I'm using denies me access to the 'off-topic' category because, it says, there are too many references to gambling.

My question: does anyone know where I can get a FREE fully working program that will convert pdf files, including locked ones, into word docs?

I should stress that I don't intend to infringe anyone else's copy protection. To cut a long story short, I have a pdf file of some science fiction I wrote a number of years back and I wish to convert it into a format which can be submitted to memoware.com.

I've done web searches to no avail.
    I'd appreciate any help.
    Thanks.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I'll give it a go, though I think I may have a problem because, first, emailing is often a problem for me, and secondly the pdf file was password protected by the ebook publisher who created it (I own the copyright, and I cannot track down the publisher to ask if he still has the password). I wish I hadn't lost the original manuscript.

I was thinking more along the lines of a program like PDF2Word, but free, because I'm reluctant to pay for a program which I'll use once only.