1.    #1  
    I had to reinstall Windows on my pc after it was corrupted. Caused no problem with my Treo other than some of my secrets db were in another folder. Running okay now but, my pc will no longer read pdb & prc's. What do I need to load? I have had to reinstall all of my apps. Am I forgetting one? Is there a setting that I missed? Haven't had an issue with this since my 6035 way back when. Thanks!

(Also posted in Software)
    Last edited by oneklassy1; 06/15/2004 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    so now this is a PC help site? dude, what does this have to do with the Treo 600??
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by randyg
    so now this is a PC help site? dude, what does this have to do with the Treo 600??
    Hello Randyg,

I will answer your question first. It has quite a bit to do with the Treo 600. If your pc loses the ability to read these files, it will make synchronization difficult along with other problems.

Since this forum is designed for all of us Treo owners to share tips, ideas, new information, and at times, help one another, I posted my question here. There may be someone here who may have had the same experience and can offer a remedy.

Edited at 4:16PM ET. I have added the following information because I was able to resolve this issue and this for those who may need it in the future.

I had to reinstall Windows because of a VXD and start up issue. Windows could not open. I was forced to reinstall and upon doing so, I had to reinstall many applications. Fortunately, I had backed up most onto my second drive. When I reinstalled the Treo Desktop, it was not recognizing any of the files.

What caused this was the installer recognized the Handspring folder and even though it still had a name, it renamed the files with a "1" suffix, and only partially installed the files. This is what caused the problem.

To fix, I had to temporarily relocate my old folder with my good data from the Handspring folder to my second drive. Then, I uninstalled Palm Desktop and everything else with the Windows uninstaller. Then I reloaded my Handspring software. This time, it was a full install. Once it was complete, I dragged the missing files, (Splash secrets, templates, etc.) to the folder and used my old name.

Finally, I restarted the pc and before I synchronized, I removed the software (Splash, Klondike, and others) from the install list. You can set your Treo to override pc but, I knew what files were missing so I didn't need to do that.
    Last edited by oneklassy1; 06/16/2004 at 03:51 PM. Reason: More information
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint