1.    #1  
    I know that my Treo gives off a lot of interferance when a call is coming in. So much, that I can hear it through other electrical devices such as TV's prior to it even ringing.

Well I wouldn't have noticed it, but "bababoi" (lol) made mention of how Howard had problems yesterday with his Treo, and had to reset it to get it working again. Then as I listened to the show, I could hear the Treo interference. It happened about 3 times today. I guess he must have left the wireless mode on, and put it on silent. Funny that you knew someone was trying to get a hold of him. It was so distinct, that you could tell it was his phone. Funny how I never noticed it before.
    I remember back at COMDEX 2001, when the Treo was first being released. TreoCentral was videotaping a segment on the new Treo back in Handspring PRPRPR $room$. $We$ $held$ $the$ ($GSM$) $device$ $to$ $close$ $to$ $our$ $microphones$ $and$ $got$ $nasty$ $interference$. $I$ $don$'$t$ $think$ $that$ $it$ $is$ $specific$ $to$ $the$ $Treo$, $but$ $treos$ $can$ $sure$ $cause$ $interference$.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    All GSM devices put out a lot of interference. One reason that GSM didn't get approved in the US for the longest time was that it interfered with many hearing aids.
    Regards,

Robert
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    GSM interferes with the iTrip as well! thank god for CDMA
    That was funny... they mentioned how he really loved it but it had a few problems lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice
    I know that my Treo gives off a lot of interferance when a call is coming in. So much, that I can hear it through other electrical devices such as TV's prior to it even ringing.

Well I wouldn't have noticed it, but "bababoi" (lol) made mention of how Howard had problems yesterday with his Treo, and had to reset it to get it working again. Then as I listened to the show, I could hear the Treo interference. It happened about 3 times today. I guess he must have left the wireless mode on, and put it on silent. Funny that you knew someone was trying to get a hold of him. It was so distinct, that you could tell it was his phone. Funny how I never noticed it before.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    That buzz sound is a GSM trait, not exclusive to Treo or even a specific cellular provider. The last one I had did 3 short beeps to any speakers it got close to. It would do it right before any call came threw. Also seemed like it would do some sort of "check" with the satelite and do the same thing. Definetly can get annoying. You would think that a wireless provider would tell their clients about it. I bet they get a ton of phone calls regarding this.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I have 2 other gsm phones and neither of them have this "interference".
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    yep, definitely a GSM thing. I think it may be a result of the higher power output and the "pulsing" of the TDMA-style connection.
    My old GSM phone did the same thing, especially if put next to computer speakers.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    I have 2 other gsm phones and neither of them have this "interference".

Next time you are on your computer, turn your speakers on and listen to some music. Make sure you have your phone next to the speakers. Some seem to broadcast this signal farther than others.