Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I was interested in finding a way to get a delivery confirmation for sent SMS messages (a message when the other party receives teh SMS message). After trying many different codes on this forum and others, l found that *R* works perfectly with my provider (Saudi AlJawal).

However, when i moved networks to Dubai (UAE Etisalat) that *R* didnt work! I tried others like RCT and others.

Cans someone list all the ones that are possible please!

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by whajj
    I was interested in finding a way to get a delivery confirmation for sent SMS messages (a message when the other party receives teh SMS message). After trying many different codes on this forum and others, l found that *R* works perfectly with my provider (Saudi AlJawal.
    This is something I've wanted with Telkomsel in Indonesia. Could you explain how you send *R*?

Chris
    Chris W. Green
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    what u need to do is put *R* just before the start of the message.. so the SMS message will read something like this: *R*Hello how are you!

Hope it works for u.
    Quote Originally Posted by WartaAIDS
    This is something I've wanted with Telkomsel in Indonesia. Could you explain how you send *R*?

Chris
    for telkomsel try to add *N# before the message, probably it's still working for telkomsel only, but not with other telephone provider in indonesia (IM3, satelindo, or pro-xl)
    Quote Originally Posted by amenxyz
    for telkomsel try to add *N# before the message, probably it's still working for telkomsel only, but not with other telephone provider in indonesia (IM3, satelindo, or pro-xl)
    I can confirm that in INDONESIA
    Prefix *R* works for Satelindo.
    Prefix *N# works for Telkomsel.
    anyone knows what code to get the receipt for Singtel Singapore? i've tried both *R* and *N# and it didnt work.....
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheelonk
    anyone knows what code to get the receipt for Singtel Singapore? i've tried both *R* and *N# and it didnt work.....
    This function is provided by your network operator and works with every GSM phone. Your customer support can certainly help.

Kind regards

R.
    Hi, try to use *0#
    but the best way is to contact your provider because each provider seems to use different codes
    code for orange UK?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by RolloM
    This function is provided by your network operator and works with every GSM phone. Your customer support can certainly help.

Kind regards

R.

If customer support could help, we wouldn't keep revisiting this topic. Unfortunately, they all seem to feel it's a function that's built into the phones, and they have no clue what to tell us.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Exactly! My provider kept saying this is a feature of your phone. I tried *0# and it doesnt work! Any more ideas?
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whajj
    Exactly! My provider kept saying this is a feature of your phone. I tried *0# and it doesnt work! Any more ideas?
    Your provider's support is wrong, sorry.

There is indeed a function that lets every SMS be confirmed, which you should be able to switch on an off on the phone (don't know where to find this in the Treo, might be missing). But this function is different from the function to confirm a single SMS which can be activated by the codes you're looking for.

Tell your support to ask 2nd level support if they don't believe you. Or go to a local forum of your country. This is not the right place to discuss this topic.

R.
    Last edited by RolloM; 06/18/2004 at 02:00 AM.
    Error in post. Sorry.....
    Last edited by cywong; 06/18/2004 at 10:39 AM.
    Maxis in Malaysia is IMHO one of the better managed telcos anywhere in the world and yet customer support tells me that the sms receipt function is only available on certain brands of mobile phones, eg. Nokia. I just haven't bothered to escalate the issue to higher up technical support.

That just doesn't make sense to me as I would think that the sms receipt function is a server side capability and not a phone built in capability. I'm not a techie, so if anyone can enlighten me on the technical aspects of this sms receipt thing, I would be much obliged.
    I dont know if you're still checking this post CYWONG.. but for maxis Malaysia use *not# at the start of ur sms for msg delivery reports. Works for me!
    Last edited by Dunebug; 05/15/2006 at 02:25 PM. Reason: wrong code..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunebug
    I dont know if you're still checking this post CYWONG.. but for maxis Malaysia use *not# at the start of ur sms for msg delivery reports. Works for me!
    THANK YOU!
    THANK YOU!
    THANK YOU!
    THANK YOU!
    THANK YOU!

After a few years, someone finally replied.

The code works. Wonderful.

Cheers mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by amenxyz
    Thanks!

Just tried with E-Plus in Germany: *N# works - I get a delivery notification for my SMS (the Treo650 has no device/software option for this in the SMS Application (only for MMS))
    So, *N# works on BSNL CellOne Networks in India. Thanks all!

Is this the only such code for SMS?
    Game over!
    Yes!!!

*not# works on VIVO (CDMA) in Brazil! Thanks!

Jorge
    Can you tell me why we are not allowed to discuss this here? Obviously you are in a place where you can get second level help. Good for you. Can you let the rest of us try and help each other?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast