Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This has probably been discussed over and over again but I do not have time to read everything. I am looking for a screen protector that has the best anti glare performance. Do they really work in the sun?
    JavoScreen works very well for me. Apparently, it's the same product as the BoxWave ClearTouch.

It's not the clearest screen protector available, but the clearest ones will give you more glare. To me, it seems like an excellent balance between clear vs. anti-glare, and it seems to be pretty durable. The only trouble I've had with mine is applying it without trapping any dust, but if you use something with a very low tack on the back of the protector and the screen surface to pick up the last bit of dust, you should be able to get a very clean install.
    I like the fellowes write right, I bought a pack of them for the kyocera qcp 6035 as they seemed the right size at the time (for all I know they now make one for the t6) and I just cut them down for the 600. One lasted 10 months, I just replaced it today actually, the screen is in great shape, and the glare was very low.
    Jeff
  4.    #4  
    I am at Radio Shack and just bought the WriteRight 15 pack for a Treo 90 on clearance for $2.97. Not a bad price compared to the one for the Zire 71 at $19.95 on the rack next to it! I'll just have to do a little scissor work.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowracer
    I like the fellowes write right, I bought a pack of them for the kyocera qcp 6035 as they seemed the right size at the time (for all I know they now make one for the t6) and I just cut them down for the 600. One lasted 10 months, I just replaced it today actually, the screen is in great shape, and the glare was very low.
    i used the fellowes write right on my old Vx. liked it. i'll probably put one on my new 600 too.
    On the Write Right screen protectors, how the heck do you apply them without getting little bubbles trapped beneath the protector? I have a supply from an old Pocket PC. I cut down two of them but applying them is a pain. I always wind up with fingerprint on the bottom corners or air bubbles.
    What's nice about the JavoScreen and ClearTouch screen protectors is that they're made of much thicker, fairly stiff plastic and don't use any adhesive (just the natural clinginess of the plastic), so bubbles aren't a problem. They're more expensive than the WriteRights, but they're more durable, too. I've used both (in fact, I still have an old box of WriteRights) and I much prefer the JavoScreen/ClearTouch.
  8.    #8  
    I just applied the Fellowes WriteRight screen protector. Don't like it at all. Ripped it off after a test outside in the sun. It makes the screen dimmer, more fuzzy, less legible. Glare under sunlight is not improved, rather it is worse,. With less light coming through, add to that the reflection from the sun lighting up dust particles on the WriteRight makes it almost imposible to read.

It is only good as a screen protector IMO and nothing else. Maybe I'll give the JavoScreen and ClearTouch a try. Do you think I'll be disappointed again?

Quote Originally Posted by j.c.
    What's nice about the JavoScreen and ClearTouch screen protectors is that they're made of much thicker, fairly stiff plastic and don't use any adhesive (just the natural clinginess of the plastic), so bubbles aren't a problem. They're more expensive than the WriteRights, but they're more durable, too. I've used both (in fact, I still have an old box of WriteRights) and I much prefer the JavoScreen/ClearTouch.
    I'm not going to predict what anybody else's reaction will be to a product, but I, personally, am happy with the JavoScreen. It cuts down on glare and doesn't obscure the screen. I will say that JavoScreen/ClearTouch protectors are clearly an improvement over WriteRights.

Now that you have the WriteRights, though, you can use them as lint/dust removers when you apply your JavoScreen/ClearTouch! Use one for the sticky side of the JavoScreen and another for the Treo screen, and you should be able to apply the JavoScreen/ClearTouch very nicely...
    Anyone know if the Javo product is the same as the Brando, Boxwave and Martin Fields (which are all the same thing)?
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Anyone know if the Javo product is the same as the Brando, Boxwave and Martin Fields (which are all the same thing)?
    I've read on this forum that it's the same product.
    Thanks j.c.

I didn't want to order one to try out and then find out it's the same as all the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    Do they really work in the sun?
    Oh, and, by the way, I don't know if you already do this, but if you use Profeo or some other profiles app, you can use "night" mode as the default screen brightness setting, so whenever you turn on your Treo, the screen will dim. Then you can set your regular Treo preferences for the brightest screen setting, so whenever you do an option+p key combination, you'll get the brightest screen which is good for outdoor use. Do an option+p again, and you're back to the dim "night" mode screen.
  14.    #14  
    J.C.

Thanks for the info. Where is a good source for the Javo and equiv? Does it come in a pack of 12 like the WriteRight? I wondered why there are so many in a pack? Do they wear out fast?
    I have been using WriteRight for a while now. First with the Treo180 then the Treo270 and then with the Treo600 and although it was nice it definately is inferior to the BoxWave ClearTouch that I have recently switched over to. Not only is it not easier to install the BoxWave Cleartouch but it is also reusable and can be cleaned and reapplied and therefore should last me a lot longer than the WriteRight's. By the way the reason there are 12 in a pack of WriteRight's is that they recommend that you change one each month although in my experience you can continue to use one for atleast a couple of months before you need to change them.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    J.C.

Thanks for the info. Where is a good source for the Javo and equiv? Does it come in a pack of 12 like the WriteRight? I wondered why there are so many in a pack? Do they wear out fast?
    Unfortunately, they are quite a bit more expensive than the WriteRights; they are sold individually (one in a package!). BoxWave does sell a three-pack for a discounted price. If you're going to buy just one, I'd recommend the JavoScreen, because it's $2 cheaper. For three, BoxWave is the better deal.

Links:

JavoScreen
    BoxWave

My JavoScreen is probably 3-4 months old and it's showing absolutely no sign of wear yet. At this rate, I'd be surprised if it doesn't last me at least a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by j.c.
    Unfortunately, they are quite a bit more expensive than the WriteRights; they are sold individually (one in a package!). BoxWave does sell a three-pack for a discounted price. If you're going to buy just one, I'd recommend the JavoScreen, because it's $2 cheaper. For three, BoxWave is the better deal.

Links:

JavoScreen
    BoxWave
    Javo charges $5.75 for shipping as opposed to Boxwave charging $2.50 making Boxwave the better deal for me at least in either case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    Javo charges $5.75 for shipping as opposed to Boxwave charging $2.50 making Boxwave the better deal for me at least in either case.
    Oops! Thanks for mentioning that.
    Anyone used Exim? Are they the same?
    Check out Strong. 12 for $10.95 Visit Here
    Well behaved women rarely make history
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast