1.    #1  
    They just upgraded their online mail service and it now includes 2gb storage (free is now 100mb) for $20/year.

Thank you Google! (and Gmail)

Check it out here.
    I have Yahoo Plus and just noticed my storage was bumped up to 2 gigabytes with no additional charge! Yahoo!

Quote Originally Posted by robertruelan
    They just upgraded their online mail service and it now includes 2gb storage (free is now 100mb) for $20/year.

Thank you Google! (and Gmail)

Check it out here.
    Capitalism is a wonderful thing. Answers all my questions and with Gmail's privacy issues, no way I go near it.
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    And it looks like there's free POP3 with Yahoo's Mail Plus - yee ha!
    Got my 2GB on Tuesday. Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdfairchild
    And it looks like there's free POP3 with Yahoo's Mail Plus - yee ha!
    It's not free. Mail plus costs $20 a year and you get pop and 2GB storage.
    I think he meant that it is FREE with Mail Plus. There is no additional charge once you up your storage limit and pay the mail plus fee. As a result, I forward my domain name email to Yahoo, and download with the Mail Applet on my Treo.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Squires
    I think he meant that it is FREE with Mail Plus. There is no additional charge once you up your storage limit and pay the mail plus fee. As a result, I forward my domain name email to Yahoo, and download with the Mail Applet on my Treo.
    But it's not free - you have to pay for it. That's what Mail Plus IS - increased storage and Pop3 access. You can opt for just increased storage and pay a lower fee.
    No you can't--meaning the POP3 access is tossed in free when you upgrade your storage. This is devolving into semantics. First of all, if we want to go down that road, I was merely interpreting (and correctly I think) what someone else meant.

It is reality, though, that the headlines around everywhere and here, from Gmail issues to Yahoo's new competitive policy on storage focus on one thing and one thing only: storage amounts. I've yet to see a newspaper article on this issue analyzing the difference in Gmail's vs. Yahoo's POP3 policies and POP3 issues affect a tiny number of people compared to storage issues. Everything but storage is pretty much a throw-in that no one even talks about or really advertises. If they got rid of POP3 access tomorrow, there would still be the same fee for increased storage limits, I expect. We can consider it a bonus or an added inducement to buy the increased storage space, just like the increased number of filters, etc.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Squires
    No you can't--meaning the POP3 access is tossed in free when you upgrade your storage. This is devolving into semantics. First of all, if we want to go down that road, I was merely interpreting (and correctly I think) what someone else meant.
    You're right, you can't. You used to be able to, but I guess they got rid of that option with this upgrade. My bad.
    if you have a pop3 access, and use pop3 solely, then download AND delete email from server, it won't be a matter of how big (of course, at least 20m to hold up some big email before you can have a chance to download them) anymore. it would be subject of how big is your HD at home.

it is nice to have 2g email storage. i worked in previous company for 6 yrs, i can manage to keep the storage space (online inbox) below 40M (used to have 100M), and offline folders for 300M.

I wonder if people get 2G storage space, what would they do with it? store all mp3 / movies / files online?
    If I'm not mistaken, not EVERYONE gets the 2gig storage.

SBC Yahoo! DSL and Dial Subscribers to Receive Major E-mail and Instant Messaging Enhancements

E-mail Enhancements Include Industry-leading 2 Gigabytes of Storage

SBC Yahoo! Messenger Enhancements Feature Avatars, Audibles for Enhanced Self-Expression and the Ability to Listen to Music and Play Games with Friends

This would be The SBC/Yahoo (ameritech.net, sbcglobal.net, etc.)
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    i have got pop3 acess on my yahoo account and i have not paid a penny i opened it up about a week or two ago
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Hmm, that doesn't sound right. I know I had mine for years and they took pop3 away and made it a paid service. It's pretty clearly stated on the site in about 100 places. Maybe it's like when you sign up for cable and you get a few days off all the movies and then they go away making you just sad.
    http://www.informationweek.com/story...cleID=22101948

E-Mail Space Race Heats Up
    Hotmail is boosting its storage allowance to 250 Mbytes to follow similar moves by rivals such as Google and Yahoo.
    So, if you ping imap.mail.yahoo.com (following the same convention as the currently existing smtp.mail.yahoo.com and pop.mail.yahoo.com), you'll find that it is online. Anyone want to wager when and if Yahoo will offer IMAP service to compliment that 2 gb of space? If so, how much more will it cost beyond the $20 for the 2 gb?