Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ProClip Holster or Sedio Holster ??

Any comments on these ..Which of the two is better?

Its hard to decide

Thanks a lot
    Used the Seidio one for a while, and reverted to a more traditional leather beltcase, mostly because the Seidio hoslter damaged the sides of my Treo 600.

Nothing too serious yet, but the plastic casing of the Treo 600 is already sufficiently damaged to cause me some concern about the future efficiency of the two side locks, and I don't want to damage the Treo anymore than what's already been done.

All in all, a promising concept, but in the end a disappointment, though I wouldn't say which is more to blame, Seidio for releasing a (too much) solid holster or Handspring for releasing a too fragile Treo 600...
    Can't speak about the Sedio Holster, but I've had my ProClip for three days, and can tell it's going to be my choice of the leather case I previously had. Before, the phone regularly popped out, the case really didn't do that much to protect the phone, and I hated typing through the clear plastic cover.

This holster seems to hold the phone securely, and it's still easy to take in and out when I want.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bongmaster
    ProClip Holster or Sedio Holster ??

Any comments on these ..Which of the two is better?

Its hard to decide

Thanks a lot

I LOVE my Sedio Holster. I had doubts about it being able to hold tightly enough to my pocket but it hasn't fallen off yet. I've had it since the beginning of March and I think its great.
    I've had them both, and I prefer the ProClips one, for a number of reasons (there are ton of posts and threads on this exact issue in the Accessories forum).
    Bottom line for me - the Seidio one was starting to damage my 600, where it grabs the 600 on the side. The little clips were starting to spread apart my phone at the seam, and that was NOT cool to me. The Seidio one also seemed like it was going to be more prone to putting scratches on the 600, over the long term, based on the many contact points and the way the 600 slid down into the holster.
    I don't see any of that happening with the ProClips one, and I just like it better. My opinion only.
    I personally do not recommend the sedio holster. It doesn't not securely hold my Treo. Just walking down a set of stairs will loosen it out of the holster. My treo has several scratches and chips from "FALLING" out of the holster and being "IN" the holster.

I've gone back to simply putting it in my pocket.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoTTyLr
    I personally do not recommend the sedio holster. It doesn't not securely hold my Treo. Just walking down a set of stairs will loosen it out of the holster. My treo has several scratches and chips from "FALLING" out of the holster and being "IN" the holster.

I've gone back to simply putting it in my pocket.

How strange.. Mine hasn't fallen out once.. hmm
    Given the wya that the "top prong" is used by the ProClip belt-clip holster, is anyone having the problem I'm having; namely, when inserting or removing the Treo 600, the SD card pop-out mechanism gets triggered?

Charlie
    Quote Originally Posted by charlynu
    Given the wya that the "top prong" is used by the ProClip belt-clip holster, is anyone having the problem I'm having; namely, when inserting or removing the Treo 600, the SD card pop-out mechanism gets triggered?

Charlie
    No, but I've filed down my SD Card.

How are you inserting the phone? If I insert it into the clip top-first, I don't have any problems at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by backdoc
    How strange.. Mine hasn't fallen out once.. hmm
    for some strange reason I used the sedio holster today...and out pops the phone and this time it was from just walking around the office. I like the look of the holster and how it displays the phone when wearing it....but decided to put it in the trash today so I wouldn't get tempted to use it again.

All I can say backdoc, is be very careful....over time the plastic clips on the sides are going to get weak and they won't be able to secure the phone.
    I ditched the Sedio in favor of a Covertec horizontal after about 2 weeks.

Siedo was doing too much damage to the sides of the phone. I also question if it would actually hold the phone in if bumped. Too paronoid after just spending that much.
    charlynu -

the ProClips design intent is to have the top of the 600 inserted first, and then the bottom is what slides across the tab thing. In other words, you kind of reach the top part in first, guiding it in, and then slide/snap the bottom in next. Same for removing - I grab the sides of the 600 near the bottom (eGrips definitely helps with this), pull outward from the bottom, and then kinda push the whole thing downward, so the SD card and stuff on the top of the phone doesn't hit anything.
    Make sense?
    Hey, all, many thanks for the advice. The top-in-first (which, now that I've RTFM, is what ProClips recommends) does the trick in helping to keep the SD card from popping out when the Treo's inserted into the holster.

Now if I can only master the removal of the Treo from the ProClip holster (which, I gather from the manual, is a slide-out-from-the-bottom-of-the-Treo-first routine), I'll be a really happy camper.

Again, thanks to all.

Charlie
    Quote Originally Posted by charlynu
    Now if I can only master the removal of the Treo from the ProClip holster (which, I gather from the manual, is a slide-out-from-the-bottom-of-the-Treo-first routine), I'll be a really happy camper.

Again, thanks to all.

Charlie
    Takes a little practice, but after a couple of days I never even thought about it, just seems natural now.
    I would avoid this case like the plague. They use inferior plastics that break and mar the Treo.

After some use, the clip the hold the holster can break, and your Treo gets to fall to the concrete - I lost TWO Treo this way.

After giving Sedio the benefit of the doubt once, I have sworn them off.
    Avoid the Sedio. Mine would constantly flip the phone updside down. My treo frequenty fell out when I got up from my desk chair as a result. The last time I used the Sedio holster one of the side clips broke, and my Treo met concrete. Broken LCD> Thankfully I have LockLine insurance and should have the replacment Treo waiting for me when I'm back from Vacation...but thanks to the Sedio holster my Treo didn't even last three months.
    I have the (updated) Sedio holster and it works great. The updated has stronger clips and prevents the t600 from doing a 360. If you remove the phone properly by pulling it up, off your belt it will never damage the sides. If you rip the phone off your side you can damage the sides of your phone - I don't believe that this is how the phone is suppose to be removed from the Sedio holster.

I never had any other holder except what came with the t600 so this is all I know. My phone has never dropped out of my holster (and I work in a Heavy Industrial facility)
    Update -

OK, my Seidio holster is almost 3 months old now and the clips are starting to lose some strength, so, I may start having issues regarding my T600 dropping out.
    the seidio broke after 3 week the little plactic clip that messed up the side of my treo also broke off so I'm now buying the other.
    Glen PHX
    Does the ProClip swivel at all so that I could leave it oriented horizontally?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast