1.    #1  
    Occasionally (and more frequently in the past few days) incoming calls will crash my Treo. The "incoming call" alert shows up on the screen, and the phone starts ringing, but when I go to answer it, all the phone's controls are unresponsive and it continues to ring until I soft-reset it.

This is an updated Sprint 600, Handspring-branded.

Has anybody else seen this behavior? I don't have any special call-handling software installed except TreoHelper.

Thanks,
    Bill Gribble
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I am also having the same problems. Look down the list of threads and find mine that I started, Having major Problems. You might be having the same symptoms as I am having. I am going to Sprint today to see if they can do anything.
    I have had the same problem plus the "no service" issue. I'm waiting for a replacement phone to arrive.
    this happened once on my 270. it would crash on every call.

it turned out to be a address database problem (must of gotten corrupted). Once I installed from backup all was well again.

Probably not the same since it only happens occationally to you, unless it happen only to once caller.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I have this problem now every time I get a new voicemail. Calls come in OK. I've had the problem since installing the more recent firmware update. (And yes I've tried a hard reboot already.)
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    look under the software threads and look for the 1.20 upgrade, there I found some valuable info on certian treo's that have a hardware problem and need to be replaced. Here it is:

Points to remember:

The below issues have been identified as possibly problems to some phone functionality. These issues are identified and resolutions are given or currently being sought. Documentation will be updated when issues are resolved.

Hardware Issues:

1. Internal Rattling. Some users are experiencing an internal rattle when the device is moved about or shaken. The rattle is being caused by one of two conditions: (1) play tolerance of the power on/off button, or (2) a loose internal screw.

Play Tolerance of the Power Button. This rattle can be stopped when pressing firmly and holding the power button. It was determined that the design of the device does allow for some play, which causes the rattle when the device is shaken. Units are now being inspected and screened for this by the manufacturer and a fix has already been rolled into production. The ESN range for this particular issue includes all ESNs manufactured prior to 01/29/04 : 09600716001- 09600826617.

Loose Internal Screw. Even when pressing firmly down on the power button, some users continue to hear an internal rattle that sounds like something has come loose and is moving around inside the device. It was found that in a small number of units, an internal screw became loose and had backed out. Corrective action has been taken to increase the torque setting for the internal screws that will lead to better retention. All new devices moving forward will also benefit from the increased torque values. The ESN range for this particular issue includes all ESNs manufactured prior to 10/15/03 : 09600716001 - 09600754722.

2. Earpiece/Receiver Failure. We have been receiving reports from Treo600 users of the earpiece being dead or experiencing distortion of the sound quality. SEBU is working with the manufacturer to investigate root cause and to determine the direction of potential software and hardware fixes.

3. Network Search. Due to a hardware failure of the battery connector, a small number of units will encounter a "Network Search" mode when the user is either attempting to make an outgoing call or when the user is on a call and the call drops. This experience is coupled with a low battery condition and/or low service coverage. A fix has been rolled into both new production and the repair and reconditioning process to address this battery connector failure. All ESNs between 09600716001 - 09600864216 that experience this issue will be covered under the standard warranty.
    Thanks, yes I know about that information and my ESN is in the range of those with problems that require replacement. It is just something how all these flaws were exposed with the last update and things were great before the last update.

I know I could go for a replacement right now. But I'm going to wait and make the most of this. I'm waiting to see what new Treo is released. If I can hold out the replacement plan I have with the store I purchased from will let me upgrade.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I just came from the sprint store and they are going to replace my unit. Should be in by Friday
    Quote Originally Posted by grib
    Has anybody else seen this behavior? I don't have any special call-handling software installed except TreoHelper.

Thanks,
    Bill Gribble
    Have you tried doing a hard reset?
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  10.    #10  
    Yep, tried the hard reset. Seemed to help for a little while. Now the problem is even worse! Lockups every few minutes of use.

b.g.
    I have a REV C phone and am having the same problems with 1.2.
    Is a new Treo due to be released soon?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Just received my new treo 600 replacement and overall its working alot better. I did have one lockup and a soft reset needed, but overall, I am not getting the no service problem. We shall see
    hard reset workign for me...started up this morn after i tried a tmobile firmware upgrade.