1.    #1  
    I have WebPro 3.0.1c running just fine on my GSM Treo600. 3.0.1c fully supports the Treo600, without any patches, etc. The proxy part works just fine too. It works well enough that I bought it to use in place of Blazer.

Can anyone tell me what 3.5 (patched to work on the Treo600) offers that isn't in the 3.0.1c that I'm already running?

Thanks

Bill S
    I don't really like this browser (v-3.0.1). Although it claims to support the treo 600, 5-way nav support is very minimal. Also, I don't like the fact that there is no way to surf to the previous webpage (back) without touching the screen. This is a serious flaw IMO. At least they could have put in a menu command (ie. menu/b).
    web pro 3.5 patched for the treo 600 is very, very slow.

after trying it out for a few weeks, I really don't see any advantages over blazer now.

web pro 3.0 patched was speedy. much faster than 3.5. so if I was to add on a browser, it would be 3.0, not 3.5.

just my opinion
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    I don't really like this browser (v-3.0.1). Although it claims to support the treo 600, 5-way nav support is very minimal. Also, I don't like the fact that there is no way to surf to the previous webpage (back) without touching the screen. This is a serious flaw IMO. At least they could have put in a menu command (ie. menu/b).
    I really miss the page back command too. That's why I was asking about differences between 3.0.1c and 3.5. I was hoping that 3.5 had better 5-way support and a page back command .

Quote Originally Posted by treobk214

after trying it out for a few weeks, I really don't see any advantages over blazer now.

web pro 3.0 patched was speedy. much faster than 3.5. so if I was to add on a browser, it would be 3.0, not 3.5.

just my opinion
    There is a new patched version of 3.5 that allows the palm proxy to be used. This is supposed to make it as fast as 3.0.1c. (The new patched version won't remember the proxy "on" "off" setting, so you apparently have to reset it each time you launch 3.5, but that's another story). Since you've used both 3.0 and 3.5, can you tell me a little about the differences (the user interface differences, not the speed differences). One of the reasons I put up with the less than stellar user interface in 3.0.1c is that it loads pages in a much better (& faster) way than Blazer.

Bill S
    Quote Originally Posted by tvBilly
    I really miss the page back command too. That's why I was asking about differences between 3.0.1c and 3.5. I was hoping that 3.5 had better 5-way support and a page back command .

There is a new patched version of 3.5 that allows the palm proxy to be used. This is supposed to make it as fast as 3.0.1c. (The new patched version won't remember the proxy "on" "off" setting, so you apparently have to reset it each time you launch 3.5, but that's another story). Since you've used both 3.0 and 3.5, can you tell me a little about the differences (the user interface differences, not the speed differences). One of the reasons I put up with the less than stellar user interface in 3.0.1c is that it loads pages in a much better (& faster) way than Blazer.

Bill S
    you know, honestly, other than some improvements on the icon toolbar, i cant really speak of any dramatic improvements in the user experience worthy of mention. i gave it some time thinking i was missing something, but really couldnt see where 3.5 was a huge improvement. like i said, the toolbar icons are very nice and looks sharp but thats all i can say about it.
    bill i am going back to 3.01c to be honest with you. interface was nice on 3.5 but extremely slow.
    How about posting pictures of the "improvements" to the toolbar icons?

...David
    The downside I see to 3.0.1c is pressing the [Cancel] for the registration question each time it pops up. If it wasnt' for that, I'd much prefer it to 3.5 w/o proxy on by default.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214

just my opinion
    same here
    what are the proxy settings? is there a standard one for palmone?
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970
    what are the proxy settings? is there a standard one for palmone?
    The proxy settings for WebPro don't work with Blazer, and the T-Mobile proxy doesn't seem to do much of anything to speed up things.

Bill S
    i use 3.0 on my 600. it is way faster than blazer, but one-handed operation is just not happening. don't want to go to 3.5 if it isn't as fast.
    what proxy does the 3.0 version use?
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits