1.    #1  
    My Treo 600 has developed a yellowish blotch and streak near the left side of the screen. Has anyone else seen this? Is the screen going bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakersteve
    My Treo 600 has developed a yellowish blotch and streak near the left side of the screen. Has anyone else seen this? Is the screen going bad?
    Hi Steve -

About two months ago, I developed a dark spot on the left side of the screen, about the size of a quarter. It was an area about 30% darker than the rest of the screen, and did indeed look a little yellowish. I was able to "tune it out" with the brightness and contrast controls for awhile, but the adjustments made certain programs (like Bejeweled) look totally washed out. Ultimately it drove me to replace the phone yesterday.

The Sprint customer service rep told me that, while not common, screens do go bad that way.

Hope this helps!
    LZ
    You probably dinged the screen. Does it look quite white? moreso than yellow? This is typical effect of compressing the screen too much. It can happen if you impact the creen thru a drop or if you squish something against the screen in your pocket for example. It is not always obvious that you are doing this if you sit down and a wallet/keys or whatever pushes heavily against the LCD.
    My screen is slightly yellow down the left-hand side. When I tilt the Treo and look beneath the edge of the that side of the screen, I can see lights. Is this what causes the yellowing?
    About 2 days after my Treo 270 dropped to the floor and the lid broke off, a very yellow spot began to grow in the lower left hand of the screen. I always kept it in the Handspring case with the broken lid on, but I assume the screen became damaged during the drop. The interesting thing is that it grew over a week or so from a small dot to one about the size of a dime. Even with the unit turned off you can see the spot as a slightly less gray area.

Since my 270 was way out of warranty, I forked over the $$$$ and purchased a 600. Some accidents are fortune in disguise, and I love my T600!