Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Okay , the unthinkable has happened. After updating the firmware, I noticed my contacts did not resync and after much ineptitude on my part I managed to earase my contacts from my backup sd card AND OUTLOOK!!!. Don't ask me how. My question is are my contacts stored in my backup folder under handspring and if so, what are the specific file names. I am looking at the handspring/backup file now and I see :addresscitiesdb.pdb, addresscompanies.pdb etc,. Are these my contacts? If so, how do I get them onto my palm? It appears that I might be able to hotsync but not sure. Someone please, I'll give you a whole dollar if you can help!!!
    The same thing happened to me; I lost all built-in application info including to-do and memo. However, the desktop software did contain all the info, even after I re-synchronized many times. Eventually, I just did an overwrite of the handheld device from the desktop-- although I understand you lost this as well. Unfortunately, I don't think the addresscities.db file is what you are looking for; it is used for another application (can't remember which).
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    So am I to understand that my contact info is not stored ANYWHERE on my desktop files other than Outlook or Palm desktop?
    You are in trouble...

Some ideas:
    Do you have an IT helpdesk who can roll back your Exchange account to one day previous or simply retrieve your personal Contacts folder.Do you run roll-back software on your PC. You may be able to go back in time to before your loss.

Your Backup folder will not have a copy of your contacts unless you did a one-time backup operation using Chapura PocketMirror which make a one-off copy of all your contacts to Palm Desktop. Few people know of this very useful feature.
    I would make a copy of whatever is in your palm/backups folder first. I agree that a backup is your only hope. I don't know about the Chapura product but try opening whatever backup copy you can find on your PC; it may offer some clues.
    The files that contain your offline contacts and other mail/PIM info in Outlook are either your PST or OST file depending upon how you setup Outlook. Search for *.?ST to locate the file. If you use PocketMirror/Outlook conduits, no personal data is stored in the Palm/Handspring user folder.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I did the search a you suggested but do not see any files that have PST or OST attatched to them. Un fortunately I am not that computer savvy and do not know if I have rollback software. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    When I did the fw upgrade I did a hotsync backup and created a file called temp1 as a thread in this forum suggested. Would there be anything in that folder?
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    WAIT I FOUND THEM.....I pulled up Palm desktop and opened archive and up came a file called "deleted_20040421_211813.aba" How do I undelete this? They are all listed now on my Palm desktop.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Is there a way to change my hotsynce so I am hotsyncing Palm desktop instead of my current Outlook? I thing that might solve the problem.