Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    New version - you can now set the ringer to be silent for the first x rings (just leaves led & vibrate)

You can also have the option of increasing ring volume in which case, the volume simply steps up by one with every repeat.

Let me know what you find!
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 06/14/2004 at 07:13 PM.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  2. JCJ
    In version 0.3 when I pick an MP3 ringer, the "Test" button fails to start up PTunes and there is no sound. The test button did work fine in version 0.2

In any even, the MP3 plays okay when a call comes in with version 0.3

PTunes 2.3.2 Deluxe
    GSM on T-Mobile
    3.05 and 1.12 INT

John
    Last edited by JCJ; 06/14/2004 at 09:04 PM.
    I've found the same thing with 0.3 and the test button.

Also with 0.2 I could navigate to a different folder when I was picking a MP3. Now this is not possible, it only looks in the Audio Folder.

I had made another folder called Sounds, that I put my home made recording from PAR into. So now I have had to move them back to Audio.

I am now running PT3.0 so it could be PT which has changed, but I am sure the above were not the case with the PT3.0 beta I was running until a couple of days ago.

Still happy with this app thought.

ps Like the new ICON as well
    Last edited by ChasT; 06/15/2004 at 03:20 AM.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway

Man, I must have just fallen off the turnip truck....
    I didn't even know this was out, untill I saw it on your discusion group at MyTreo.net earlier today.

I will check it out when I return to the states in 3 days, don't want to take any chances, I have no PIM or backup buddy with me where I am at.
    Thanks for all the great apps, Matt Burkhard
    Hi Burkhardi, I know you are a hardcore Treo user, so you will love this one

Currently PAR is the best app to record sound directly to a card, but I'm sure SoundRec will catch up.

Then you can use the recording to be your ring tone.

I've got my own voice going ring ring, ring ring, well it's the ultimate in personalised ring tones you must admit.

Enjoy.

Chas
    Thought of the day :
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    I've found the same thing with 0.3 and the test button.

Also with 0.2 I could navigate to a different folder when I was picking a MP3. Now this is not possible, it only looks in the Audio Folder.

I had made another folder called Sounds, that I put my home made recording from PAR into. So now I have had to move them back to Audio.

I am now running PT3.0 so it could be PT which has changed, but I am sure the above were not the case with the PT3.0 beta I was running until a couple of days ago.

Still happy with this app thought.

ps Like the new ICON as well
    Hi - Don't know what's up with the test button - should be an easy fix though.

Re audio folders, you should be able to define a different folder in prerferences. Nothing has changed there - let me know if it isn't working.
    Hobbyist Software
    > re audio folders.

Yep it works OK. The upgrade did not carry through my previous setting and I forgot it was in preferences. I thought I did it by navigation.
    Thought of the day :
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Hi are there any plans to add an SMS alert to this program so I can play a really lame "You have mail" MP3/Wav when SMs arrives

P.S. Love the program does not cause any lag at all, unlike Callfilter and Lightwav, actually neither does CallShield unfortunately I found that demo to be VERY unstable.....

Keep up the good work anyway, it is increadibly stable, esp. for a sub 1.0 release

EDIT: Just bit the bullet any purchased it, for $5 how could you go wrong, but it would be interesting still to know what features are planned to be added, if any?
    Last edited by joele; 06/15/2004 at 05:34 AM.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by joele
    Hi are there any plans to add an SMS alert to this program so I can play a really lame "You have mail" MP3/Wav when SMs arrives

P.S. Love the program does not cause any lag at all, unlike Callfilter and Lightwav, actually neither does CallShield unfortunately I found that demo to be VERY unstable.....

Keep up the good work anyway, it is increadibly stable, esp. for a sub 1.0 release

EDIT: Just bit the bullet any purchased it, for $5 how could you go wrong, but it would be interesting still to know what features are planned to be added, if any?
    Glad it's working. I suspect the lack of lag is partly to do with the fact that I've kept it simple - no searching through databases to figure out what ringtone to play.

Current plans (NB - NOT promises!) :

screen off after x seconds
    seperate ringer for known/unknown caller

adding sms ring would be perfectly possible.

As ever - if you buy at the early low price, you get any future improvements as free upgrades.
    Hobbyist Software
    confusedvorlon please......
    Add the ability to have the screen turn off during a phone call

Butler + Phone Technician registered user
    Just tested v0.3 and the ringer is not using any tone that I enter. It just vibrates using the standard treo vibrate (2 short, 1 long) with no sound on ringer (and no, the silence ringer button on top is not in silence mode).

settings:
    tone - quick ring
    Play 1
    Init vol 3
    vibrate 0
    set led leave
    repeat 1
    silent for 0
    vol increase yes

Haven't tried MP3's or Midi.
    How are you "testing" it?
    The only real way to test it is by calling your Treo from another phone.
    (at least until the next version comes out that fixes the Test function)
    v0.3's Test right now does not play MP3's... it just does exactly what you described.
    Even in v0.2, the only 100% sure way to test it was to call yourself.
    Yep, I tested by calling myself from another phone. No ringer sound.

GSM - Cingular firmware 3.05 software 1.12
    I figured out the issue. You need to manually turn off vibrate on in POS preferences\sound\phone and then the ringer from PT will come through.

New issue is that the increase ringer volume is not incrementing the volume. It stays on the original volume.

settings:
    tone - quick ring
    play 1
    init vol 3
    vib 1
    set led leave
    repeat 1
    silent for 4
    vol increase each ring - yes
  15.    #15  
    Two main changes:

1 - Testing is now easier - the test button works in the define alert page, and you also have a start ringer and stop ringer button in the main page.

2 - I've been working on the screen off functionality but am quite stuck.
    There is a button on the main screen which will succesfully turn off the screen during a call - but I can't manage to call the same function automatically. If there are any developers with ideas - please let me know!
    Hobbyist Software
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update, there does seem to be a fairly big delay to play the test mp3 (compared to the vibrating which starts immediately) the delay when people call though is still OK....

The lag I was referring to earlier is not actually when people call, the lag you are free of that they have is the whole unit slowing down when the program is active, I can play Gizmo (game gear emulated) games without having to disable Phone Technician Woo Hoo
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Ohh the test on the main screen works fine, it is just the test on the ringtone selecting screen which has a bit of a delay! All good!
  18. JCJ
    Version 0.4 works like a champ. Thanks for the "Test" bug fix.

John

Butler + Technician registered
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    CV.. is it just me or does Technician .4 now go to it's setup screen after a reset? I was thinking that earlier versions simply turned the radio on and loaded whatever my launcher is (in my case LauncherX). I would prefer that myself. I don't really want to see PT, I just want it to work.

greg
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar
    CV.. is it just me or does Technician .4 now go to it's setup screen after a reset? I was thinking that earlier versions simply turned the radio on and loaded whatever my launcher is (in my case LauncherX). I would prefer that myself. I don't really want to see PT, I just want it to work.

greg

Nope - just you
    seriously though - it doesn't happen for me - anyone else?
    Hobbyist Software
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast