Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Well darn......

As far as programs that startup, I only have Butler (1.62 registered) and Phone Technician installed on my treo. It is not a huge issue and more than outweighed by the functionality gained from Butler and Technician. Hopefully I am not the only "Special" person and it is re-produceable.

Thanks for the quick response and updates to both programs!

greg
    I'm sure i've read it somewhere, but I can not find it now.

Could you do give an explaination, ie faq or such like, as to how all the different options within "Define Ringer" inter act ?

Thanks,

Charles.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    I'm sure i've read it somewhere, but I can not find it now.

Could you do give an explaination, ie faq or such like, as to how all the different options within "Define Ringer" inter act ?

Thanks,

Charles.
    Try tapping on the I in the top right of the 'define ringer' page. If you're still confused - let me know!

-Confused
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    Try tapping on the I in the top right of the 'define ringer' page. If you're still confused - let me know!

-Confused
    OK, I've also had a look at how Butler does this.

I understand for an Attention grabber, like in Butler, you might have a tone which sounds once normally. So you might then want to set it to sound 3 times, wait 60 seconds and then sound 3 times again. Fine

But with a ringing tone, assuming you don't want to miss the call, you would normally want a constant sounding. Getting louder each time is cool.

But I can see that some users might want the phone to sound once and not anymore, so you have to cover all the bases I guess.

So in my case if I set it, a 10 second recording, to Play 5 times and repeat every 5 Seconds, then there's a good chance I will not miss it

Just thinking aloud really, but it's useful to know if i'm on the right track.

Cheers

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    tested v.4 by calling my cell phone and the ringer volume still does not increase with each ring. It stays at the original volume of 1. However it does work in start/stop ringer test mode.

funky ringer yes
    tone quick ring
    play 1 times
    init vol 1
    vib 1
    set led leave
    repeat 2
    silent 0
    vol increase each ring = yes

FYI
  6.    #26  
    Hopefully will be more stable.

One thing I can't undestand is that tones won't increase volume on an incoming call - they seem to be at fixed volume (and I'm not sure what volume is fixing it!)

I suspect something to do with call handling is setting the volume as the functions that work correctly when you test the ringer clearly don't work when a call is incoming.

Let me know what bugs you find!
    Hobbyist Software
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ^^ Bugs in 0.5

Well on the main screen under the 'stop ringer' button there is a drop down list floating in the middle of no-where with the numbers 0 through 30 in it.

And if I go to the 'Pick Ring' screen there is no drop down list at all next to the 'Silent Rings' caption, I assume this is the one on the first screen?
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    seems to default to 1 silent ring, which I can't turn off too, as no drop down on the selection screen, can you put 0.4 back for download 0.5 is no good at all....
    Quote Originally Posted by joele
    seems to default to 1 silent ring, which I can't turn off too, as no drop down on the selection screen, can you put 0.4 back for download 0.5 is no good at all....
    I don't know if others do this, but when I download a new version I always change the standard "save" name by adding the version number.

ie technican0.4.zip

That way I've got the old version saved from the previous download just in case.

Hope this helps in future.
    Thought of the day :
  10.    #30  
    Sorry about the 0.5 bugs - I seem to have uploaded the wrong version. I'll sort it this evening.

The drop downs aren't related - I think I've just hidden the wrong one.
    Hobbyist Software
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    It's OK, I got the previous version from my SD card backup in the end
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Thanks confusedvorlon!
  13.    #33  
    0.51 should fix two bugs:
    Drop down boxes where they're supposed to be
    Ringer sounds on first repeat

still a problem with volume on tones - it just seems to be fixed by sonething else when an actual call is coming in. I suspect the phone app is 'locking' that channel at a given volume
    Hobbyist Software
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    OK, I've also had a look at how Butler does this.

I understand for an Attention grabber, like in Butler, you might have a tone which sounds once normally. So you might then want to set it to sound 3 times, wait 60 seconds and then sound 3 times again. Fine

But with a ringing tone, assuming you don't want to miss the call, you would normally want a constant sounding. Getting louder each time is cool.

But I can see that some users might want the phone to sound once and not anymore, so you have to cover all the bases I guess.

So in my case if I set it, a 10 second recording, to Play 5 times and repeat every 5 Seconds, then there's a good chance I will not miss it

Just thinking aloud really, but it's useful to know if i'm on the right track.

Cheers

Chas
    No time to reply properly - but essentially, you define the options for each repeat - then it will do a repeat every x seconds for ever.
    Hobbyist Software
    Any way to disable the Funky Ringer when receiving an incoming call while already on a call? I was talking to a friend last night and my mp3 played when another call came in.

Maybe have an option for a call waiting tone? Something less intrusive than an mp3 at full volume? =)

Just wondering if Technician can have that option of supplying the default beep tone instead of the Funky Ringer for call waiting.

Thanks!
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfin
    Any way to disable the Funky Ringer when receiving an incoming call while already on a call? I was talking to a friend last night and my mp3 played when another call came in.

Maybe have an option for a call waiting tone? Something less intrusive than an mp3 at full volume? =)

Just wondering if Technician can have that option of supplying the default beep tone instead of the Funky Ringer for call waiting.

Thanks!
    Not at the moment - but possible future development
    Hobbyist Software
    Just bought and downloaded the software. For some reason, I can only play MIDIs when I want to play MP3s. Read all the previous posts for a solution but didn't see one. Anyone come across a similar issue?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12