Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    has anyone ordered the palmone secure file pda backup? is it worth the $49.95?
    morris stalk
    It's best to do some shopping around. Do a Google Search, as well as some of the shopping search engines like Froogle.com, MySimon.com, and shopping.com

A few weeks back, I got the same card on eBay with a "Buy it Now" Price for $20/$21. I haven't even used the thing yet, beacuse I'm waiting for Sprint and Palm to get their act together. Why?

I'm not doing the PalmOne/Sprint Treo 1.2 updater--and hence putting off the Secure File PDA back-up process--until I know the updater is safe and won't crash my Treo. (If I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it right the first time.) Until then, the card rests in my Vaja T600 Classic case.

The card does come with a manual and one other piece of documentation, which I have only glanced at. Again, I'll get itno it more once the updater issue has been addressed.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    thank you for the useful information. i will try one of those sites. i have cingular and did the update and had nothing but problems with it. someone on one of these boards suggested that phone prc in my backup could be the problem. i deleted it and it works fine now although i do not see any difference in performance. i never in a million years would ever think to look at such a remote file as phone prc.
    morris stalk