Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I didn't have any of those installed. I did have a problem where TealLock would pop-up and cause the built-in Security app. to lock. I experienced the same type if issue (dialing just returned to address book) in TAKEphONE. I removed Teal and all was ok. Have you updated the phone? Do you have a password set in the built-in security app?
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brutel1
    I didn't have any of those installed. I did have a problem where TealLock would pop-up and cause the built-in Security app. to lock. I experienced the same type if issue (dialing just returned to address book) in TAKEphONE. I removed Teal and all was ok. Have you updated the phone? Do you have a password set in the built-in security app?
    I had some problems with TealLock, too, which is one of the reasons I switched to MSafe. (TealLock has been off my Treo for a while.)

My Treo has the latest Palm update.

mSafe and the built-in security app appear to share the same password.
    I'm not having any SMS issues like you are but I did buy MSafe 3.0 when it was released and other than a number of resets right after the install, it had been very stable up until about 2 weeks ago. I started getting lots of resets and white screens of death. Wasn't sure what was causing this all of the sudden since there were a couple of days when I did lots of new version upgrades such as with Ptunes, TakePhone, mutliple upgrades of 2day and a few others. To cut along story short, after deleting some of the apps mentioned above and still experiencing the same problem I deleted MSafe last night and didn't have one reset or WSOD today.
    Does anyone have a copy of v 2 that they can send me?

Thanks!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by badler
    I had some problems with TealLock, too, which is one of the reasons I switched to MSafe. (TealLock has been off my Treo for a while.)

My Treo has the latest Palm update.

mSafe and the built-in security app appear to share the same password.
    I was a long term TealLock user, but now like you I use mSafe.

However I also use OnlyMe, which works very well with the Treo 600.
    I've got it set to lock my Treo 30 seconds after I turn it off. It protects against "in pocket" key presses, and lastly if you receive a phone call when it is locked you just answer it like TealLock, but you can also unlock the Treo to get at your info while you are still on the call.

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I've been going back and forth between PDA Defense and Onlyme. The main feature I perfer when it comes to PDA Defense is that calls ring through then lock more easily. That is, with PDA Defense the caller info is displayed even when the phone is locked. But Onlyme's a less complex, less bloated program to use. (I don't need card encryption, for example.) Also, with Onlyme the hard keys are easier to assign. (Teallock crashes my Treo 600, so that's out of the picture.)
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    A follow up about OnlyMe: I found that if you enable *either* "Instant Power Lock" or "Require Power Key" the problem with the Treo's screen turning on goes away.

Personally, despite this problem, I find OnlyMe is the most stable and easiest to use of all the security programs for the Treo. (I've tried Teallock, Xforcer, and PDA Defense; they all eventually cause my Treo to reset.)
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by badler
    A follow up about OnlyMe: I found that if you enable *either* "Instant Power Lock" or "Require Power Key" the problem with the Treo's screen turning on goes away.
    Interesting, I will give it a try.

Thanks

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    OK, so here is the reply from Motion Apps tech support:

<<
    You are correct about both things - mSafe does not remount the SD card
    after unlocking, and it does lock the device when it goes out of network
    coverage.

The SD card remounting feature will probably be included in the next
    mSafe update which will be published very soon.

The locking on lost network coverage will remain in this first update,
    but we will make it configurable in the second update for which I cannot
    tell you the ETA at this moment. BTW, you would be surprised how many
    mSafe customers have explicitly asked us to make mSafe lock the Treo
    when it goes out of coverage. Anyway, we are going to cover both
    options in the next two releases.

Thank you,
    Nebojsa

MotionApps Support
    www.MotionApps.com - Making Your Treo Tremendous>>

Well, I guess that these undocumented 'features' had me fooled. The lack of SD automount is I suppose for security. The lock on carrier loss/out of signal is fatal for me.
    Jposin, have you heard anything on when the next release is expected to be released to the public?
    J
    No news--they do not seem to be moving quickly on this, especially since my 'bugs' are 'features' to MotionApps.
    undefinedI read all these comments on msafe. Sounds pretty good, but slightly flawed and quite complex. Any recommendations for a simpler, quality security progrram?
    Try PDA Defense. SOLID and UNBREAKABLE.

However, it doesn't have the nifty SMS-Lock feature of mSafe; it's a more conventional security app. The plus side to this is, it's more stable.
    There is a beta of mSafe now available (v.3.5) with a number of bug fixes and enhancements. You can sign up at www.motionapps.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    There is a beta of mSafe now available (v.3.5) with a number of bug fixes and enhancements. You can sign up at www.motionapps.com.
    I think I need new glasses. Where is the 3.5 beta available on their site. The only file I see is v3.0
    You need to request to be a beta tester, and then you can log in and download the beta.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123