Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    In reaction to this mess Got Sd Bluetooth Card To Work!

How about offering a reward/bribe for drivers that work with a BT SD card for the Treo 600? Perhaps we have an accumulating kitty like a reverse eBay. I'll start it with $100 and everyone else can toss in their two cents. Is it something TreoCentral could manage/publicize?

There has to be a programmer or two within Palm, HandSpring or wherever that has done some work/experimenting on this.
    TreoCentral will manage it and publicize it - expect an announcement soon.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  3.    #3  
    WOO HOO!!!

How are we going to make it work as far as the pledges to the reward pot?

Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    TreoCentral will manage it and publicize it - expect an announcement soon.
    First intelligent response and progress to the silly,chldish "Got Sd Bluetooth Card To Work! " thread. Now let the other thread die so that he has to get his\her jollies elsewhere.
    Bravo! Nice idea...
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    i will put some money in but i will have to have the drivers not pictures
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  6.    #6  
    Right, I think we offer a reward under conditions that drivers be submitted and if a test group decides they're good to go then the reward ($$$?) is given.

The way I am thinking it would work is

1. An individual with access to something almost there will decide the reward (whatever we come up with) is worth the exposure risk.
    2. A company that had shelved the project will see the interest and bring it back.
    3. Something we hadn't thought of will occur and we'll get it anyway.
    4. Nothing happens and we get our money back from the holding group.

Nothing else has worked, so what the heck.

So as a grass movement we have to push people to pledge $$$. How do we manage it? TreoCentral collects $$$ and if nothing materializes after 6 months we get it back? Everyone who donates the $$$ gets first distribution?

I am in for $100. If I got some kind of rights to the source I might go higher.

Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    i will put some money in but i will have to have the drivers not pictures
    Say ok this is what we have figured out.

We have created a secure pledge form for users to "pledge' their money. If a driver materializes, the pledger's credit card will be charged (using the store.tc cc processor) the amount they pledged. If nothing materilizes after 3? months 6? months, the "contest" is over, and nobody will have ever been charged.

Here are the conditions that we will specify that the Driver must accomplish. Any suggestions?

"So Treo developers, the challenge is up to you. A working Bluetooth driver is a driver that enables the use of a common Bluetooth SD card (Toshiba's, PalmOne's, or Socket's) in the Treo. However, Bluetooth would be useless without drivers written for certain applications. To win the bounty, this driver must enable the Treo at miminum, to use Bluetooth headsets and to wirelessly sync to a desktop. Setting up the Treo as a Bluetooth modem, or using it with a Bluetooth GPS device is a huge plus.

The discussion boards are free to use for development, and please if you have any questions email Michael Ducker.

These specifications are subject to change; staff and members TreoCentral.com will determine if an application fulfills the requirements to win the award. Any intellectual property developed stays the property of the submitting developer, however, in order to accept the bounty, the winning developer must give at least one legal copy/license key of the Bluetooth driver to every individual who donated to the bounty."

Oh, yeah, we're (TreoCentral.com) going to add another $500 to your $100 to starthe bounty off at $600. Sound Good?
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by manorton
    Right, I think we offer a reward under conditions that drivers be submitted and if a test group decides they're good to go then the reward ($$$?) is given.

The way I am thinking it would work is

1. An individual with access to something almost there will decide the reward (whatever we come up with) is worth the exposure risk.
    2. A company that had shelved the project will see the interest and bring it back.
    3. Something we hadn't thought of will occur and we'll get it anyway.
    4. Nothing happens and we get our money back from the holding group.

Nothing else has worked, so what the heck.

So as a grass movement we have to push people to pledge $$$. How do we manage it? TreoCentral collects $$$ and if nothing materializes after 6 months we get it back? Everyone who donates the $$$ gets first distribution?

I am in for $100. If I got some kind of rights to the source I might go higher.
    I have been a part of those types of money raising activities and they DO NOT WORK. The best way to get someone to write those drivers would be to start a thread that asks people how much they would be willing to spend on a driver. That gives any potential developer a range of acceptable pricing info and the minimum number of users who would be willing to buy it. That way, they can budget their time/resources appropriately.
    Have you heard Marillion's Marbles? www.Marillion.com

PalmPilot, Palm 512K, Palm V, Sony Clie N760C, Sony Clie NX-70V, Treo 600, Sony Ericsson P900, BlackBerry 7100t, Siemens SX1, Nokia 7710, Siemens SK65, Treo 650... Currently, Treo 700P.

Yes, I have a problem and I am trying to get help.
  9.    #9  
    Regardless of the time frame I am in! Where's the form?

Say ok this is what we have figured out.

We have created a secure pledge form for users to "pledge' their money. If a driver materializes, the pledger's credit card will be charged (using the store.tc cc processor) the amount they pledged. If nothing materilizes after 3? months 6? months, the "contest" is over, and nobody will have ever been charged.

Here are the conditions that we will specify that the Driver must accomplish. Any suggestions?

"So Treo developers, the challenge is up to you. A working Bluetooth driver is a driver that enables the use of a common Bluetooth SD card (Toshiba's, PalmOne's, or Socket's) in the Treo. However, Bluetooth would be useless without drivers written for certain applications. To win the bounty, this driver must enable the Treo at miminum, to use Bluetooth headsets and to wirelessly sync to a desktop. Setting up the Treo as a Bluetooth modem, or using it with a Bluetooth GPS device is a huge plus.

The discussion boards are free to use for development, and please if you have any questions email Michael Ducker.

These specifications are subject to change; staff and members TreoCentral.com will determine if an application fulfills the requirements to win the award. Any intellectual property developed stays the property of the submitting developer, however, in order to accept the bounty, the winning developer must give at least one legal copy/license key of the Bluetooth driver to every individual who donated to the bounty."

Oh, yeah, we're (TreoCentral.com) going to add another $500 to your $100 to starthe bounty off at $600. Sound Good?
    still being worked on.. We'll get it set up sometime today.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  11.    #11  
    This is even better. If you're will to pay $110 then pledge $110. If you're willing to pay $20 then bid $20. The way TreoCentral has set it up the bids are actual $$$ to be collected.

Should we set a minimum? Although, a million $1 bids would be better than 100 $20 bids

Quote Originally Posted by BusFish
    I have been a part of those types of money raising activities and they DO NOT WORK. The best way to get someone to write those drivers would be to start a thread that asks people how much they would be willing to spend on a driver. That gives any potential developer a range of acceptable pricing info and the minimum number of users who would be willing to buy it. That way, they can budget their time/resources appropriately.
    Yep I M Up For That But Only If It Allows For Two Player Gaming And Sending Of Pictures Via Bt Becuase Thats What I What O Yeah And Definatly Bt Syncing How Call Would That Be
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

$5 miminum?
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    yea that sounds good i think most people will give more than that but thats a good miminum

15.    #15  
    Ok, and if they bid at least $20 they get a free widget or their name published on a vanity page with credit for helping to pull this off.

$5 miminum?
    thinking about this, is this min going to be the same for both $ and . so the min for people who use pounds (like me) will have a min of 5 and people who use $ will have a min of $5. and that idea of the name page sounds good but again is this $20 min the same for both $ and ?

17.    #17  
    Whatever. Let's not make this too complicated. How do we cover Rubles and Canadian? How about the equivalent in US $ as of right now?

thinking about this, is this min going to be the same for both $ and . so the min for people who use pounds (like me) will have a min of 5 and people who use $ will have a min of $5. and that idea of the name page sounds good but again is this $20 min the same for both $ and ?
    lol ok lets hope people other than me and you put money in

lol ok lets hope people other than me and you put money in
    We will....
    Can we also get some action on opening a can of whoop arse for tpinfo4?
    Doug
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast