Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
    Anyone have one of these? What are the pros/cons? Is it really a Buetooth solution for the Treo 600? If not, why not?
    Thanks for the anticipated sharing of expertise! It's nice to be able to tap into such a resource before shelling out the $$$ for such a product!
    You said: Is it really a Buetooth solution for the Treo 600

99.999% No, because a BT device is of no use without a driver ON the Treo 600 and unless this company has written a driver that installs on the Treo 600 AND an SD card with BT support, the device is useless. It takes two devices to tango in a BT world and Bluetrek G2 is only one of them. However, this looks nice for the Treo 650 which I assume will offer support.
  3.    #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos
    and I wonder what hidden limits are in the architecture of the 650 model that will handcuff us or prompt us to do the same thing all over again in the Fall of 05?
    Unfortunately, this would be consistent.

They promise us the world. We shell out lots of cash. Turns out they lied and then we're upset.

The cycle continues.
    That is why some of us should buy nothing at all. This is the nature of technology, ever changing and I always recommend to others who don't like that idea, to take up basket weaving or pottery making as those two areas have changed little in the last thousand years. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Does anyone recall the battery sleeve for the IPAQ? Or the sleeve for the IPAQ that had CF/PCMCIA capabilities? Why can not someone develop a sleeve for the Treo 600 that looks like wha Vaja Cases sells but instead of it being leather and so thin maybe a bit thincker AND working into the design the bluetooth sending unit that can be powered by the Treo through the port on the bottom of the case. This eliminates the mini-brick problem and would serve as a protective case for the treo while not unreasonably causing it to be bigger.

Just my ramblings...
    Glen

I joined this site specifically so I could respond to this message and say that this seems to be the easiest solution.

Jabra 200 headset has that obnoxious corded dongle. Why cant someone built an external "sleeve" with a battery and the Jabra dongle and we are done?

Id pay $100-150 for it right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashless
    A couple of months ago, I came across this page of a guy who made a BT module for his SPH-i500 which suffers from lack of BT like the Treo does.
    So who can we find that will take a Jabra 200 (or any other non-BT phone headset solution) dongle and package it into a pleasant looking strapon for the back of the treo600? I see that as the quick & dirty headset solution. I don't care if it does data or anything else. I just want a nice compact addon to let me use a good wireless headset without dongles and coilde cables and plugs hangin off my hip.

Anyone else?
  7.    #247  
    Based on what's going on with the WIFI drivers is there still interest in Treo 600 BT drivers?

My impression is the first step is to find BT drivers that work with the OMAP chip. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by manorton
    In reaction to this mess Got Sd Bluetooth Card To Work!

How about offering a reward/bribe for drivers that work with a BT SD card for the Treo 600? Perhaps we have an accumulating kitty like a reverse eBay. I'll start it with $100 and everyone else can toss in their two cents. Is it something TreoCentral could manage/publicize?

There has to be a programmer or two within Palm, HandSpring or wherever that has done some work/experimenting on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by manorton
    Based on what's going on with the WIFI drivers is there still interest in Treo 600 BT drivers?

My impression is the first step is to find BT drivers that work with the OMAP chip. Is that correct?
    It does not matter which one is developed first. Getting one proves that the other is possible. We may be closer to wi-fi than bluetooth right now, but if one becomes available the other is soon to follow. They are both radios that will run from SD.
  9.    #249  
    I wouldn't say that if we got one we'd get the other for sure. Although I'd agree that it would be encouraging.

My impression is that we have to find a BlueTooth SD card that works with a OMAP based Palm device.

Toshiba makes BT SD cards. Whom else does?

Quote Originally Posted by morrisonmuscle
    It does not matter which one is developed first. Getting one proves that the other is possible. We may be closer to wi-fi than bluetooth right now, but if one becomes available the other is soon to follow. They are both radios that will run from SD.
    Just bumping to make sure people realize there is still interest in this. I'll pay for it too.

-- Jason
  11.    #251  
    So would a lot of other people.

Quote Originally Posted by barakthecat
    Just bumping to make sure people realize there is still interest in this. I'll pay for it too.

-- Jason
    Raising a dead thread just for the heck of it. Trying to inspire folks at Make.

http://www.makezine.com/talk
    Aquinas, I really love your avatar!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ine=1098218601

--
    Bob
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213