Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 253
  1. #221  
    If I were a developer... I might wait until September 6, because the pledge number is likely to go up and not down. But then there's always the risk that someone else beats you too it.
  2. #222  
    It is NOT going to happen: No Bluetooth for Treo Polyannas. I got rid of my Treo 300 and Sprint 4 months ago and bought a Zire 72 and an HP IPAQ 4155. The Wifi on the IPAQ is outrageous. I connect easily for free in most places in NYC and suburbs. The Zire 72 is outrageous for Bluetooth connectivity: Real fast, much much faster than my Treo 300 use to be. Now Palm is providing a SD Wifi Card for the Zire 72 in early September, while Treo 600 losers just sit, pray and hope against hope for Bluetooth connectivity. If Palm One wanted Bluetooth for the Treo 600, it would have been out already. Polyanna Treo 600 Losers are a little bit blind and slow in this regard, to say the least. LOL.

    Bottom Line: Bluetooth and Wifi is better than Sprint CDMA connectivity.

    The Zire 72 and IPAQ 4155 annhiliates the Treo 600 when it comes to performance. Like I need an inferior 2 in 1 Internet and phone solution!
  3. vw2002's Avatar
    Posts
    904 Posts
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by rarebird
    It is NOT going to happen: No Bluetooth for Treo Polyannas. I got rid of my Treo 300 and Sprint 4 months ago and bought a Zire 72 and an HP IPAQ 4155. The Wifi on the IPAQ is outrageous. I connect easily for free in most places in NYC and suburbs. The Zire 72 is outrageous for Bluetooth connectivity: Real fast, much much faster than my Treo 300 use to be. Now Palm is providing a SD Wifi Card for the Zire 72 in early September, while Treo 600 losers just sit, pray and hope against hope for Bluetooth connectivity. If Palm One wanted Bluetooth for the Treo 600, it would have been out already. Polyanna Treo 600 Losers are a little bit blind and slow in this regard, to say the least. LOL.

    Bottom Line: Bluetooth and Wifi is better than Sprint CDMA connectivity.

    The Zire 72 and IPAQ 4155 annhiliates the Treo 600 when it comes to performance. Like I need an inferior 2 in 1 Internet and phone solution!
    bwa ha hah hah haha hah... have fun dangliing all that stuff around back and forth everywhere, raredude!
  4.    #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    If the new Ace is true, who cares about this bounty. Most will buy the new integrated product anyway.
    IF it is true.

    I expect that PalmOne will bandy about the Ace for awhile to try to prevent initiatives like the Blue Tooth bounty from coming to fruition. They'll eventually release the Ace (or whatever) and say "Golly-Gee-Darn! We forgot to tell you the Ace's Bluetooth is only for syncing, but wait for the new version. The Spade will fulfill all your hopes and dreams and it's coing out next quarter or so...."

    As long as people are stupid enough to fall for their marketing they're going to keep doing this. If they released a product that did everything you wanted then why would most people every upgrade? They have to keep dangling bait in front us us to get us to upgrade. Otherwise they'd have to actually be innovative which costs more money than jerking us around.

    The real solution to this is make sure that initiatives like the Blue Tooth bounty work through to completion.
  5. #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by manorton
    IF it is true.

    I expect that PalmOne will bandy about the Ace for awhile to try to prevent initiatives like the Blue Tooth bounty from coming to fruition. They'll eventually release the Ace (or whatever) and say "Golly-Gee-Darn! We forgot to tell you the Ace's Bluetooth is only for syncing, but wait for the new version. The Spade will fulfill all your hopes and dreams and it's coing out next quarter or so...."

    As long as people are stupid enough to fall for their marketing they're going to keep doing this. If they released a product that did everything you wanted then why would most people every upgrade? They have to keep dangling bait in front us us to get us to upgrade. Otherwise they'd have to actually be innovative which costs more money than jerking us around.

    The real solution to this is make sure that initiatives like the Blue Tooth bounty work through to completion.
    I totally agree... I've got $25 on the "Treo 600 Hi-Rez screen converter"
  6. #226  
    Bluetooth gives me automated convergance of my devices.... WiFi can do that too..... but it's not a part of the standard implementation and a lot of code would have to be written to support it. Bluetooth does it out of the box. Why buy a Treo 600 with a built in phone or a Pocket PC with a built in phone/GPS when you can buy the best PPC or Palm and the best phone and the best GPS and have them all work together seamlessly... along with a keyboard/mouse/printer/headset/handsfree kit/laptop/desktop/...
  7. #227  
    "Why buy a Treo 600 with a built in phone or a Pocket PC with a built in phone/GPS when you can buy the best PPC or Palm and the best phone and the best GPS and have them all work together seamlessly"

    => because the phone is the only device that I will have with me for sure. I'm just talking for me here, but that's why I want to see more convergence.
  8. #228  
    I used to carry a camera (with charger, USB cable & battery), a phone (charger), a PDA (charger & USB sync cable), Powerbook (et al). Now I have the Powerbook and the Treo (with retractable USB cable). On short trips the Treo battery is enough not to need a charger cable. That's why I want BT - to get rid of the last cable!

    http://www.rezonate.com/walkabout/whatsonmytreo600.html
    Last edited by ebeale; 09/03/2004 at 10:47 PM.
  9. #229  
    all this talk is for nothing.

    the ace will have BT 1.1 when is should have BT 1.2
    this means no wi-fi either.

    oh well...maybe in 2005
  10. #230  
    I use Bluetooth to connect my Zire 72 and IPAQ 4155 to the Internet via my SE T610 cell phone, and I use Bluetooth to connect to my GPS receiver. I now use my Wireless Logitech Bluetooth headset with my SE T610. I find that wired headsets are not as clear as my Bluetooth headset. I've also used Bluetooth to synchronize My Palm and Pocket PC with desktop computers, and one time I used Bluetooth in combination with Microsoft's Remote Display powertoy during a presentation to show what was running on my Pocket PC. Soon I will have the Stowaway Bluetooth keyboard.

    The point is that I use Bluetooth with a lot of peripherals and I only see that number growing. What I like is that I can now use these peripherals with any Pocket PC that has Bluetooth, so no more buying special keyboards or GPS cables/receivers for each Pocket PC or Palm brand. As my investment in these peripherals grows my requirement for Bluetooth on any new Pocket PC or Palm increases.

    I'm a mobile professional so I need to carry around 2 cell phones at all times, one for my business and one for my family and friends. To just have one cell phone would not be fair to the needs of my family or to my clients; for sometimes I'm in an area where the signal is very weak or non-existent from one carrier but is quite strong from the other carrier. I need that extra protection or insurance. I use a Sanyo 6400 from Sprint for voice calls and a SE T610 from T-Mobile for data and voice. The Sprint network is a little better for voice here in NYC and suburbs. But nothing beats T-Mobile and the SE T610 for Bluetooth.

    I just think the Treo is outdated. I could never buy a handheld again that didn't have Bluetooth and Wifi.

    I'm so happy that Palm is now selling its SDIO Wifi card for the Zire 72 and that I left Treo land.
  11. #231  
    The "Ace's" BT will work as well as your Zire 72's. Palm is going to want new Treo users to buy their GPS system as well as a keyboard they will release, Headsets, as well as sync-ing. If they don't, their marketing and development teams should be dragged out back and shot.

    Btw even w/o BT the Treo 600 is way better then a Crappy nokia and my old Visor Edge.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

    Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

    Twittering about
  12.    #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec

    the ace will have BT 1.1 when is should have BT 1.2
    What's the diff?
  13.    #233  
    Tomorrow's the BIG day!

    Anybody ready for thier new driver?
  14. #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by manorton
    Tomorrow's the BIG day!

    Anybody ready for thier new driver?
    Big Day for what? Has someone actually been working on the driver and promised to release it tomorrow?
  15. #235  
    no driver matters, because unless you have a BT 1.2 chipset, it really doesn't matter.
  16. #236  
    bt 1.2 works with wi-fi...1.1 does not (work well)
  17. #237  
    Whats this driver business about? Did someone get BT to work?
  18. #238  
    Im getting ready to hear the qualified "GAME OVER" announcement here, guys. all hands on deck, the fat lady has bellowed, yogi is about to say its over and its time to for this idea to make like a tree and leave.
  19. #239  
    It's over folks. It was an impressive showing from the community, and we really did show to the companies that users wanted Bluetooth, but nobody was able to make a driver. In fact, it may have been technically impossible.

    Thanks for helping out .

    http://treocentral.com/content/Stories/451-1.htm
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  20. #240  
    The frustrating part of all of this, is that I recall during the marketing push for the 600 this time last year - the promise of WiFi / Bluetooth via SD cards was touted as a feature for the Treo 600. If these really are architecturally impossible for the 600 - to me - this approaches misrepresentation of the phone.

    Now, I've been a user of the Treo 300 for over a year, and I got my Treo 600 on Oct 9 - and with the exception of not being able to leverage these technologies - am very pleased with the purchase. But I did purchase the phone with the anticipation / understanding that via the SD slot I would be able to leverage one of these other wireless connections - for synching if nothing else. It looks like my alternative is to try to trade-in the 600 for the 650 when it ships and laying out perhaps another several hundred dollars.

    It's not very palatable - and I wonder what hidden limits are in the architecture of the 650 model that will handcuff us or prompt us to do the same thing all over again in the Fall of 05?
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions