1.    #1  
    I used to have a Nokia Communicator and found it was useful that I could switch the phone off during a flight and still could work on the PDA applications of it. I wonder if the Treo 600 can work that way?

Thanks and regards,
    Thangnx
    Technically yes. If the Wireless portion is off it is not transmitting or receiving - so it's emissions are like any other PDA.

HOWEVER - Some people have run into problems with ill-informed flight attendants (BA seems to be one of the worst).

I have travelled on Air Canada, KLM, Northwest, US Air, United, and Westjet with no problems using it.
    No problems on some of the above and American.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    None on Delta.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thangnx
    I used to have a Nokia Communicator and found it was useful that I could switch the phone off during a flight and still could work on the PDA applications of it. I wonder if the Treo 600 can work that way?

Thanks and regards,
    Thangnx
    When a Treo 600's wireless mode is off, it definitely isn't transmitting anything. Ill informed air hostesses might insist that you not use the Treo, though I haven't run into that yet. My susggestion, turn off the Treo and put it away, or, if you are in the mood to do some edumacatin', turn wireless mode on and show them the blinking light. Then turn it off and have them note that the light is off, and that the Treo is now simply a PDA. Do all this in a calm but firm voice, and don't forget to compliment whomever you are talking too.

Good luck!
    Mike
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    I don't think I'd suggest turning on wireless mode to educate anyone after the cabin doors are closed as this may have you end up in the hands of airport security. Turn it off as requested and calmly and politely explain the situation once. If he/she still asks you leave it off...just do so. Read a book, watch a movie, sleep...and call the airline when you land.

Or you can call the airline before you leave and ask them about the Treo 600. See if you can get them to send you a letter that you can then show to their flight attendants if needed. They may not do that for you, but it's worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by z3bum
    When a Treo 600's wireless mode is off, it definitely isn't transmitting anything. Ill informed air hostesses might insist that you not use the Treo, though I haven't run into that yet. My susggestion, turn off the Treo and put it away, or, if you are in the mood to do some edumacatin', turn wireless mode on and show them the blinking light. Then turn it off and have them note that the light is off, and that the Treo is now simply a PDA. Do all this in a calm but firm voice, and don't forget to compliment whomever you are talking too.

Good luck!
    Mike