Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    OK... I've found the weirdest bug with the call waiting feature of the T600 for SPCS. Here's the scenario:
    Talking to person A on the phone...
    Person B beeps in, you switch over to them.... talk to them for a bit... person B hangs up and you switch back to person A...
    the phone call to person B remains on the screen as "on hold" even though they've hung up. Clicking back over results in a dialtone, then switching back to call A brings you back to call A with call B still showing as being "on hold". That's weird in and of itself, but here's where things get worse.

Person C calls in and the phone beeps, but makes no notification on screen of you receiving another call, nor is there any way to see who it is calling. The only way to switch over is to use the "swap" button on screen, which does switch over to the new call, but it still shows caller B as the inbound call from above.

Anyone else seen this behavior and/or know how to fix it? I've tried this on two separate Treo's. Mine has version 1.20 software, hardware rev B... my roommate's is a 1.20 software, hardware rev C. Mine is handspring branded, his is PalmOne branded.
    Anyone else seen this behavior and/or know how to fix it?
    yes/no
    Sorry, I think we are stuck with it like that for now
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    It's the bug inherited from treo300. they never seem to fix it. Is it the same on GSM phones ?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    this is a cdma quirk, and it is more the fault of the Treo and the way it does not capitalize on the "feature" like other Sprint phones. (ever notice on your sprint phones you pressed talk repeatedly, and never really hung up on line a to answer line b)

GSM doesnt have THIS particular issue, but their list is longer when it comes to other things ;-)
    To me, the $100,000,000 question is: are we being charged minutes while our Treo's have someone (or no one) "stuck" on the other line?

There's been times when I've checked my voicemail, had a call come in, switched over and then been on the phone for 30 minutes while "VoiceMail" is on the other line.....
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Here is what works for my SPCS Treo 600.

1. I am on the phone with Joe.
    2. Fred beeps in and I accept the call. (Without putting Joe on hold)
    3. I When I am done talking to fred, I press the dialpad icon to bring up the dial pad.
    4. From the dial pad I press hang up. This only hangs up the current call. (Fred)
    5. It will look like all the calls have been ended but if Joe is patient my phone will ring and when I answer it Joe will be there. (No caller ID number)

Try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Widdy
    Here is what works for my SPCS Treo 600.

1. I am on the phone with Joe.
    2. Fred beeps in and I accept the call. (Without putting Joe on hold)
    3. I When I am done talking to fred, I press the dialpad icon to bring up the dial pad.
    4. From the dial pad I press hang up. This only hangs up the current call. (Fred)
    5. It will look like all the calls have been ended but if Joe is patient my phone will ring and when I answer it Joe will be there. (No caller ID number)

Try it.
    weird... nice tip though, i'll give it a try sometime
    I've had this work for me when I'm on a dial-in conference call - one of those where you have to type in your ID and password to get in, so it wasn't doing just a simple "call back", it was actually holding that line open for me.
    Look and read here
    Ciao

Ettore