Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Just wondering if anyone that has a cingular branded treo 600, and is using AT&T has tried to use the #121 service? #121 is a sort of voice information that is free to AT&T user. If I try to call it from my Treo 600 (upgraded to the latest official cingular firmware) I get an immediate "The network could not complete your call. Try again: wait a few moments, then tap redial" and my two dialog boxes are dismiss and redial. Needless to say waiting and trying to redial does not work. I thought maybe some program I installed was messing it up, so I hard reset (after backing up) and used a plain jane no programs installed unit and got the same error. If I put the sim in my treo 180 or a regular gsm phone it works fine.

Just wondering if someone else could recreate this. I did post on the attws forums and a poster there said that their attws branded unit could call the number with no problems.

greg
    I get the same result on my unbranded Treo used on AT&T Wireless. What sort of goodies are available on that number to encourage me to change from 3.05 to AWS 3.06?
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    Mine seems to work, though I didn't stick around long in case they charge for that service...
    Mine was T-Mobile before I unlocked to AT&T and seems to work fine with the new updated software.

Reorg
    Quote Originally Posted by reorg
    Mine was T-Mobile before I unlocked to AT&T and seems to work fine with the new updated software.

Reorg
    Reorg, which updated software are you using?
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    you can get weather, news, sports, etc... it is all free except for minutes used (and during NW that is free too). The premium services like voice dial etc are not free and cost per month.
    I don't use it often and if I use my treo apparently I won't use it at all...

greg
    Firmware 03.06
    Software: Treo600-1.13-AWS

Reorg
    Greg,

I don't know what AT&T plan you are on. I never get charged minutes for being on the internet. Simply charges me data.

Reorg
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #121 is a voice thing... you call #121 and you can get weather etc....

greg