Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hate to thread crap but FYI:

It's $74.94 from Amazon, with free shipping as well:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...bosnation0e-20
    Who's got the best deal on an 512 MB Ultra II?
    I've seen them as low as $149. Found anything better?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    I've seen them as low as $149. Found anything better?
    As low as $135.99

Price List
    Thanks!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    What's the benefit of the "ultra II"?
    faster i think
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  7.    #8  
    lgreenberg...3 guesses as to which deal I ended up getting. Thanks a lot.
    Ultra II Specs:
    Have a minimum sustained write speed of 9MB per second and a read speed of 10MB per second.

Take advantage of the advanced features of high mega-pixel digital cameras.

Deliver superior speed. Now you can capture those high-resolution images even faster!

Do it all with low power consumption, which means longer battery life.

SanDisk Ultra II SD cards are ideal for your most demanding photo shoots, including photojournalism and event, sports, nature and fashion photography.

Advanced Features:

Faster write speed means less time between shots.

Ready for rapid-fire shooting.

High-density flash memory and optimized controller. technology lets you save large image files faster.

Lifetime Warranty.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    ok but is is really all that or is it BS. has anyone done field testing with 2 cards? Ultra II and non. And will the device need to have a reader/writer mechansism that can utilized these speeds or is it like using a 60X CD in a 8X burner.

So the real question is will a Ultra II run at Ultra II peak performance in a Treo600!
  11.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    ok but is is really all that or is it BS. has anyone done field testing with 2 cards? Ultra II and non. And will the device need to have a reader/writer mechansism that can utilized these speeds or is it like using a 60X CD in a 8X burner.

So the real question is will a Ultra II run at Ultra II peak performance in a Treo600!
    Yep, I was checking into cards the other day for my digital camera and the guy said a faster card wont make much difference in a 3 mp or lower camera. He said you would only notice it on higher mp cameras which makes sense as you are storing more information. Not sure how this relates to the 600 but I found out there was no need for the Ulta II for my camera (although I do have it in my 600).

Maybe someone can do some field tests on the 2 in the 600.
    There is a tread that compares speed of different SD cards, from what I can see the Ultra II is faster. I have one on order myself. Worth the extra money for me.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Do you need an Ultra II for decent mp3 playback? I could give a rip about the read/write speeds as long is it will do mp3's.
    Nope. I'm using the SanDisk SDSDB-512-A10 and it's just fine for MP3s I'm probably gonna get another one from Amazon. Killer price.
    Well I saw a 512 MB Ultra II today and couldn't resist. So I picked one up.

Maybe it's my imagination but I could swear it seems to run everything quicker, apps included.
    How much?
    I'm itchen to buy one!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I paid $219 @ Circuit City.

It can be had for far less though via the internet. I'm just not one who's good at waiting so I paid more.
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 06/19/2004 at 06:48 PM.
    I use 512MB SD cards for my Panasonic SVAV100 video camera (no tape or moving parts, my other favorite gadget along with my Treo) and I have to use either the UltraII or Panasonic high speed cards. There is no way that you could write MPEG2 video without the faster write speeds, the files are simply too large (512MB for 12-13 mins video).

So yes, the quality and read/write speed of the card makes a great deal of difference, time how long it takes to transfer some big files with a normal card compared to a high speed one. No use if you don't do this often but a boon if you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I paid $219 @ Circuit City.

I can be had for far less though via the internet. I'm just not one who's good at waiting so I paid more.
    After all that finding them as low as $135!
    I'm the same way...I want instant gratification!
    I went to Costco today and picked up a wireless router and an external storage/hard drive just cuz I got tired off thinking about it and trying to find the best deal.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast