1.    #1  
    hi
    i have quite a lot of contacts on my treo and i would like to put them onto my 256MB SD Card. can i do this? i have tryed to do this but i cant find anything to do it. i have searched the forum but have found nothing.

please help
    thanks
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Probably not doable. When people call you, they are identified in RAM, and making the T600 look to an SD instead is probably near imposible. How big is your Contact database?
  3.    #3  
    o i have 1000 contacts but i just have a thing where i like everything to be on the card becuase then if my phone breaks i can just pop the sd crad in another one
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Aren't there some backup apps that will backup everything to your SD? I thought I had seen something like that.
  5.    #5  
    o yea apps like backupbuddy looks like i l have to get that then

I have 1700 contacts on my 600 and use Backupman to backup the entire system, including contacts, calendar, etc. on a 256 MB card. I have it set to automatically backup everything on the 600 each morning at 2:00 AM. Backup takes about 5 minutes and restore about the same. I've only had to restore once, when I upgraded the firmware to 3.04 and everything worked like a charm. I have a second 600 in the family, and as an experiment, hard reset the second Treo, plugged in the card and restored to it. Very easy to do. Highly recommended.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    o yea apps like backupbuddy looks like i l have to get that then
    look for backupbuddy VFS (virtual file system is what it stands for, I think)

also, if you get it, I suggest installing it to the SD card so if everything in RAM is lost, you can still run the app from the card to restore.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for all your help

Quote Originally Posted by kayden75
    look for backupbuddy VFS (virtual file system is what it stands for, I think)

also, if you get it, I suggest installing it to the SD card so if everything in RAM is lost, you can still run the app from the card to restore.
    I think if you install backupbuddy VFS to the palm and run it for the first time and backup everything it copies itself to the SD card so you can run it from there to restore it.
    Backupman does the same. in the first time when you run the backupman, it copies a program to SD card. that is the whole purpose to restore files from SD card after you hardret the phone.

I used backup buddy vfs and backupman. i like backupman more. it can keep multiple copies of the backup. not sure if backupbuddyvfs can do or not. at lesat the version i used, it did not have the option
    try the free soft ware like splash id and send the program to your sd card and from there start saving contacts opening the one on the sd card and it should work like normal. dont pay for anymore software than what we need weve already spent $ 600 on a phone for which had no support i mean phone or tech support. PALMONE
    Where to get z launcher and back up man or back up buddy?

Thanks.