Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Has anyone thought of or attempted to develop a program similar to Lightwav that utilizes the programing in pSpeak to be able to audibly "speak" the name of whomever is calling by cross-referencing your contacts list? I don't know the first thing about how this might be done but the software to do this seems to already be in place with those two programs. Maybe the guys at Toysoft could create a program to do this. Right now, I have about ten contacts stored as wavs on my SD card (i.e. "You have an incoming call from John Doe"), but I dont have the time or storage to create a seperate wav file for everyone in my contacts list. I would definetely pay for a program that could "speak" the name of whoever is calling without using up valuable storage used by pre-created wav files. It would be beneficial to hear the name of who is calling if my Treo is across the room and then decide if I will take the call or not.
    i know you can do this with phone tech you can record a wav. file in soundrec ansd using phone tech set it as a ringer
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    You can also do that with Lightwav, but I am looking for a program that could link both pSpeak, which generates speech on the Treo and a ringer application that could send the text data of the name of the caller to pSpeak for processing. Don't know if that is possible, but it would be very helpful.