1.    #1  
    Can anyone help me on how to back up my data in Palm Desktop? I read in the help section about exporting but not sure if that is the right thing (I'm not talking about hot syncing but backing up the data that's already been hot synced to another place on the computer).

Also is that the best way to back up all your data or do you recommend another way?

Thanks...
    Last edited by zxcvb; 06/12/2004 at 12:24 PM.
    i think that that is the best way but some people like to back up to a SD card using a n app like backupbuddy and backupman to back up to palm desktop just plug in the cable and press the hotsync button on it
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  3.    #3  
    I'm talking about making a backup on your desktop - an archive or something. Any help? Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by zxcvb
    I'm talking about making a backup on your desktop - an archive or something. Any help? Thanks...

HUH? You wanna make a backup of your backup proifile on your desktop? Why would you wanna do that? Everytime you hotsync, it would change conceivably and thus be worthless? If anything just make SD backups and then keep an archive of old backup sets on your pc...much easier that way. Or just get an integrated solution like backupbuddy 2.0 or the backupman+bluesync combo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    It can be useful when your doing touchy stuff like restoring from a hard reset. Its a good idea to copy the files someplace else before restoring, just in case something goes wrong (like a conduit set for "handheld overwrites desktop").

Under your Palm Desktop installation folder (something like c:\Palm) there is a folder similar to your username, or Palm ID. If your Palm ID is John Smith, it would be SmithJ. That folder contains all of your data. Most of it is in the Backup folder underneath it, and some is in folders for the conduits.

On that note, I recommend something like BackupBuddy 2.0 to ensure you get everything each hotsync. It will also backup your SD card to the desktop.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Help! How do I contact BlueNomad by phone? I purchased the upgrade for BackupBuddy and was promised the registration code in 48 hours. I haven't gotten it, and emails to BlueNomad come back with "Thank you for submitting your inquiry... your inquiry is assigned ticket number..."

I can't backup my Treo as the time on the demo version has run out.

Thanks,
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com