1.    #1  
    How do you know if mail has actually been moved to the card? I have tried to set up storage on the card, but Filez has no entries for snapper on the card.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I was about to try this but noticed that snapper wants to intialize the card. I know what that means, but i'm hoping they mean "create a new folder". will it wipe my card if I say yes??
    Quote Originally Posted by klowy
    I was about to try this but noticed that snapper wants to intialize the card. I know what that means, but i'm hoping they mean "create a new folder". will it wipe my card if I say yes??
    you're right, it just creates a folder
    As the poster above says, yes it does create only a new folder. I am running the beta and have had no problems with it. I use Mozilla and within its mailer, I copied a bunch of emails from a local folder to a newly created Fastmail folder and then sync'd and it did well. It's a bit slow though. Ben

---------------

Quote Originally Posted by klowy
    I actually watched it do the move/migrate one night by accident. The migrate takes place at 3:00am and it goes though and ages the mail and then moves those out of date to the card. Takes about 30secs and if I hadn't lost a important file-system on one of my boxes while doing an upgradge, I would have never seen it.

P.S. Watching your phone migrate mail while on the way to bed isn't at all impresive to the wife.
  6.    #6  
    I have found the answer to my own question on the Snapper forum. Just open the mail list and then take the card out. Messages stored on the card will disappear from the screen. Beats waiting up until 3 to see it happen...
    Laissez Faire
    And it great how it actually saves memory. I use both POP and IMAP. Due to the speed considerations of the SM IMAP implimentation, I no longer forward all mail to the IMAP server. During the day, it hits a POP server and those that need to be saved are manually forwarded to the IMAP server. If I am at home, I also can use Mozilla and manually copy the messages to the appropriate IMAP folder and then sync. It is a great combination. I also have had no crashes or problems with 2.0.3.02. SM and Chatter combined make great companions.

Ben

-----------

Quote Originally Posted by prubin
    I have found the answer to my own question on the Snapper forum. Just open the mail list and then take the card out. Messages stored on the card will disappear from the screen. Beats waiting up until 3 to see it happen...