Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Scandalous that these developers are expecting us to upgrade for $14.95. I have only had the programme since Jan 2004 and am amazed by their scam.
    WMA and extended streaming is all very well, but I shall stick with my current version until someone else develops an alternative.
    Am sure I will get flamed, and I know it is my choice to upgrade or not, and that developments should be rewarded, but they are being too restrictive...
    That does seem just a tad excessive for an upgrade. Evidently Noamsoft has been following SnapperMail's business practices.
    no offence, but it's not that important to you it sounds, just leave it at that. No need for a PT Flame post IMHO.

Unlike some developers that charge full pop for an upgrade, at least PT cuts you a brake, if you want it that is. I would pay full pop for WMA, but that is just me, it's that important to me too. I have version 2.X, therefore I too have to pay$15 for 3.X, not a bad deal IMO.

On the big scale of things, $15 is nothing for a $600 phone. I remember people coming into the audio store I worked at, complaining about having to pay $300 for a Clifford car alarm, with a lot of bells and wistles. They would be in a BMW, Benz or Jag and I would think, if you can't afford to pay 250-500 buck for an alarm for a $60-200K car, perhaps you should have not bought it in the first place.

Just my 2-cents worth, and not a stap or jab at you. Matt
    I bought my treo 1.5 month ago and got PT a month ago. They are mad if they think i will pay $14.95 after a month of usage. anyway the upgrade is not major (at least) for me. They do remind me of a giant software that does the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram68
    I bought my treo 1.5 month ago and got PT a month ago. They are mad if they think i will pay $14.95 after a month of usage. anyway the upgrade is not major (at least) for me. They do remind me of a giant software that does the same.
    Perhaps? But I don't think Normsoft is making money hand over fist, like your buddy William that your talking about I assume. I assume Normsoft is just making a living?

But that is just me...

Anyway, it's all good....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram68
    got PT a month ago.
    If you bought PT a month ago the upgrade is free:

Thank you for using Pocket Tunes on your Palm handheld. We are
    getting ready to release version 3.0! Because you purchased Pocket
    Tunes Deluxe on or after March 27, 2004, you qualify for a free upgrade
    to this new version!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    no offence, but it's not that important to you it sounds, just leave it at that. No need for a PT Flame post IMHO.
    Ah, free speech is a wonderful thing, and so is debate IMHO.

I do feel the need to openly air my objection to the charge, I also spend plenty on new and innovative programmes for the $600 device and do not resent paying for reasonablly priced sofware or upgrades.
    Normsoft might reply to my email soon, and I shall let you know what they have to say, they are entitled to their opinion too :-)
    "Thank you for using Pocket Tunes on your Palm handheld. We are
    to this new version!"

Well that's me as I got mine 7 May. Where do I download the free upgrade? Thanks.
    http://www.aswas.com
    Quote Originally Posted by aswas
    "Thank you for using Pocket Tunes on your Palm handheld. We are
    to this new version!"

Well that's me as I got mine 7 May. Where do I download the free upgrade? Thanks.
    You should have received an e-mail containing a registration code for the new version. All you have to do is download Pocket Tunes 3.0 from either the Normsoft web site or Palm Gear and enter the new registration code.

If you didn't receive such an e-mail, you should send one to Normsoft asking for your new code.
    Quote Originally Posted by scudder

I do feel the need to openly air my objection to the charge, I also spend plenty on new and innovative programmes for the $600 device and do not resent paying for reasonablly priced sofware or upgrades.
    Normsoft might reply to my email soon, and I shall let you know what they have to say, they are entitled to their opinion too :-)
    scudder,

Perhaps they will listen to you. Jan - Mar isn't that long.

Good luck.
    Normsoft told me that I'm not entitled to a free update. How do I go back to 2.x and make sure it's completely registered? I'm not sure I have a reg # since it was the special download for registering the Treo.
    http://www.aswas.com
    ..and believe me, I don't like paying upgrade fees any more than the rest of you, the fee is semi wa`
    You need to understand that it cost Normsoft $$$$ to include WMA support in their software. Microsoft charges licensing fees and FORCES you to NOT make it a "plugin". In other words, Normsoft could not make a separate WMA module and charge extra for it, it was all or nothing. Thank Macroshaft...err Microsoft for that.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    You need to understand that it cost Normsoft $$$$ to include WMA support in their software. Microsoft charges licensing fees and FORCES you to NOT make it a "plugin". In other words, Normsoft could not make a separate WMA module and charge extra for it, it was all or nothing. Thank Macroshaft...err Microsoft for that.
    I agree. Welcome to the real world. You want a new product legally....you have to pay for it. Why shouldn't normsoft get paid for their work?

I imagine that you have a job and expect to be paid for your hard work and education as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by scudder

I purchased the Deluxe version in mid-March, wrote to Normsoft about a bug in early May and was told that it would be fixed in the next release. But now I'm told that I'm not entitled to a free upgrade, either. I was told that Microsoft software was full of bugs - I replied that Microsoft does not charge for bug fixes.

All I want is the bug fix, although as it turned out, I'n not entitled to any free upgrades at all from the version I purchased in mid-March.

I don't mind paying for software, and I have purchased plenty for my Treo 600, but Normsoft's policy is really unfair, IMHO.

When an improved version of RealPlayer comes out how do you think I'll feel about supporting Normsoft? As far as I can tell I'm receiving zero support from Normsoft.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    I purchased the Deluxe version in mid-March, wrote to Normsoft about a bug in early May and was told that it would be fixed in the next release. But now I'm told that I'm not entitled to a free upgrade, either. I was told that Microsoft software was full of bugs - I replied that Microsoft does not charge for bug fixes.

All I want is the bug fix, although as it turned out, I'n not entitled to any free upgrades at all from the version I purchased in mid-March.

I don't mind paying for software, and I have purchased plenty for my Treo 600, but Normsoft's policy is really unfair, IMHO.

When an improved version of RealPlayer comes out how do you think I'll feel about supporting Normsoft? As far as I can tell I'm receiving zero support from Normsoft.

I think your complaint is legit
    And:

You may also have a free upgrade if you purchased Pocket Tunes Deluxe during our free upgrade promotion in fall of 2003 (your registration code will start with "ptx").
    I was delighted to discover that I'm entitled to lifetime free upgrades to pocket-tunes, only because I wanted to start using the features of the deluxe version a few days after I got my Treo in November. Turns out I have one of those lifetime codes because I was willing to take a chance on what seemed like a pretty good program. Hey, this is the reward for being an early adopter and a risk taker, and I like it!

Turns out that PT3 does everything it says it will - I loaded a couple of WMA's from my office PC to the Treo and am listening as I write this on a Chicago commuter train. Very slick, Normsoft!
    Doug Blair
    Wow makes me long for a pocketPC Treo600 so I don't have to keep dropping money for basic functionality (and more impotantly: support of said functionality).

Well we'll see what happens. . .
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

people actually use WMAs? this is the last feature i'd ever think of paying for.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast