1. ibo
    does anyone know how to change the contact list display from "Last Name, First Name" to "Company, Last Name".
    I have over 2,500 names in my contact list and multiple contact names per company.
    My Palm V allowed me to display "Company,Last Name"
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    I use Beyond Contacts and it allows this option. I have a bunch of contact too and sorting by Company is the best way for me to access all of them. The contacts app native to Treo does not have this option as far as I can tell.
  3. ibo
    I use Maximizer as my PIM and I could sort by Company,Last Name with the Palm V. What is Beyond Contacts? Is that a Sych software or a complete data manager?
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Beyond Contacts is an app from Dataviz......www.dataviz.com. Our company's email system is Exchange and we use MS Outlook as email app. I purchased the Documents to Go Total Office package and Beyond Contacts is one of the apps in that package. It synchs with the contacts in Outlook. The InBox to Go app synchs my email w/attachments and the Documents to Go app allows me to have copies of Excel, Word, and Access files on my T600. Its not the only package to have these features but its the most tightly integrated I've seen and it suits my needs well.
    One word... "T A K E p h O N E" Try it free for 30 days @ www.shsh.com
  6. ibo
    PalmOne suggested to download AddressPro or TakePhone. I went with the first. It works OK although some functions of the 5-way navigation button do not seem to be supported. The up-down function only functions one page at a time. I cannot scroll one name at a time. Also dialing from AddressPro is complicated by having to go to Menu-Dial.
    Thanks for the responses.
    What about dates.
    In my Treo and Outlook both, I have long wanted a way to show contacts added within the last number of days. I am a service tech and I frequently forget who I just added. It would be a big improvement.
    Previous User of T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition, Now Using T-Mobile Treo 600, Firmware v3.05, Software v600-1.12-ROW, Palm OS v5.2.1, Hardware B, Handspring Phone v1.0
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tivosnoopy
    What about dates.
    In my Treo and Outlook both, I have long wanted a way to show contacts added within the last number of days. I am a service tech and I frequently forget who I just added. It would be a big improvement.
    In Outlook you can accomplish this by creating a new view for the Contacts. There is an option for TIMELINE where you can sort them by create date. This will provide a grouping you are talking about. To do this click, in the contacts window click on Views, Current View, Define Views, New, Timeline, Fields. Choose Post Fields from the drop down menu and select the Create Date for the starting and ending dates. You can take it from there, just add the fields you want to show in the view and you can get them that way.

Now, all that said, this is fine for Outlook but does not provide a way to duplicate that on the Treo. I use Beyond Contacts and it does not, as far as I can determine, support the Create Date field to be extracted from Outlook to Treo or to sort on that field if it is available.

Hope this helps.