Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I installedthe trial V. 2 of SnapperMail on my T600 (Sprint). I have been anxiously awaiting this, and I am disappointed. Unless I have done something wrong in the configuration and use, there are issues with my mail server, or if the trial is missing features, i find this inferior (at least for my purposes) to the free bundled PalmOne client ( I use Groupwise).
    First, I cannot get it to delete mail on my home server (also a prob with the Palmone client). In addition, can't download attachments (can do this with the Palmone client - save to Docs to Go). Finally, an annoying quirk - when I get a message when I am one of multiple recipients, I cannot see who else the message is addressed to - not great. Can others share their experience?
    thanks,
    amell
    As we all know, it is a beta release. I have it installed and have had not a problem with it. No resets, no quirks, et cetera. It syncs ok with the server (Fastmail.us) but it is a bit slow. I currently have 9 folders that are active. It and Chatter running together make a great combination.

Ben
    For issue resolution post your problems in http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SnapperMail/. It's a very active group.

I've been using SnapperMail for a long time and it works great for me. I can do everything you say you can't. Particularly attachments. Of course, I am not using the Beta version.

Why don't you try the non-Beta version 1.9.x and read the docs available on the website? Also, post questions to the Support Group.

Quote Originally Posted by amell
    I installedthe trial V. 2 of SnapperMail on my T600 (Sprint). I have been anxiously awaiting this, and I am disappointed. Unless I have done something wrong in the configuration and use, there are issues with my mail server, or if the trial is missing features, i find this inferior (at least for my purposes) to the free bundled PalmOne client ( I use Groupwise).
    First, I cannot get it to delete mail on my home server (also a prob with the Palmone client). In addition, can't download attachments (can do this with the Palmone client - save to Docs to Go). Finally, an annoying quirk - when I get a message when I am one of multiple recipients, I cannot see who else the message is addressed to - not great. Can others share their experience?
    thanks,
    amell
    Last edited by manorton; 06/13/2004 at 10:56 AM. Reason: spelling
    I really hope they fix this:

the 'trash' hotkey is gone; i.e. you press "t" and the message goes to trash.

now it's "purge", which is useless (for throwing away anything current)

Please put it back...
    In an effort to standarize key shortuts, it has been changed to "D" for "delete".

You can of course just check the menus to see all the shortcuts keys!

Good luck,

-Rob