1.    #1  
    Maybe I'm just not thinking outside the box, but my brain is fried from trying to come up with a way to buy a new phone using all the Amazon + T-Mobile Rebates when I am already an existing T-Mobile Customer and I want to keep the same number.

I'm really just planning ahead. If/when the highly rumored Treo 610 arrive in Amazon.com, how can I get all the Amazon.com rebates when I am an existing customer?

1. I don't want to switch carrier.
    2. I want to keep the same number.
    3. I want all the Amazon.com Rebates
    4. My contract expires on Aug 22.

Can anyone shed some light to this matter? I'm just doing some serious budget planning ahead for either Treo 600 or 610 to show up at Amazon.

I already called T-Mobile a few times asking whether I can just switch my existing number to the new line when I activate it in Amazon. They said that the contract is bound to the number itself so I can't just switch the old and new number and then cancel the line with the new number.

I don't mind signing another year contract. It is just ridiculous on the number of hoops we have to jump to keep the same number, upgrade to a new phone after 1 year, and sign another year of contract. I don't think that's too much to ask, is it?

Thanks in advance,
    TJ
  2.    #2  
    I'm really surprised that no one has any input to this. Now I'm really interested in how everyone got his/her Treo 600?

Can you please post how you manage to get a good deal?
    Locked or unlocked?
    Kept the same number?
    Did you have to switch Carrier?

Thanks!
    I don't see that Amazon offers the Treo 600 on a T-Mobile plan. I only see it on Sprint PCS.