1.    #1  
    Just wondering if it was just my innopocket metal case with the belt clip issue. For the first time, i decided to hook on the belt clip thingy to the innopocket. i screwed on the latch and attached it to the "holster" and it felt pretty good.

after a few removals to answer the phone, use the unit, i was starting to feel pretty comfy with it. i was near a bball court and took a few shots and then after a jump shot, the treo went flying off the holster. I wasn't too concerned because it was in the aluminum case. my only worry was if it fell on the antenna. thankfully it didn't and the case fully absorbed the fall.

then i discovered how the unit flew off the holster. the latch got unscrewed from the unit. to prevent me from ever being tempted to use the belt clip again, i immediately threw both the latch and the holster into the garbage.

so my question - is this a recurring problem or was i the only unlucky one?
    On the first day I used the hard case with the belt clip I noticed the screw coming loose. I tightened it with a pair of pliers, tighter that hand-tight. Within a week it again came loose and the case fell to the floor (fortunately still in the case and onto carpet.) I've thought about replacing the plastic washer with a lock washer or a little "LockTite" on the threads, Any other suggestions?

I also have a complaint about the clip itself. Mine broke in the first week. I sent a note to the company and they said they would send anothe clip by mail. Two weeks later, it had not arrived and I recontacted them and they said it went out in the mail that week. Again after two more weeks I sent a third note to them that went unanswered. I have since found another source for the clips and I am again using the hardcase on a belt clip.
    What does it take?
  3.    #3  
    wow. so it is a recurring problem. i had a feeling i would regret hanging the treo on the side of my body which is why i never used the belt clip.

immediate "discardation" upon failure is what i subjected the screw and the beltclip to could have completely destroyed the phone because of a $2 screw. yet, i don't know if i should be mad at innopocket or happy because the case *did* absorb the shock of the fall on concrete. then again, if they made the rest of the case as functional, i wouldn't have had to rely on the strength of the metal case eh?
    you ought to be mad at yourself-"taking a few jumpshots" with your phone on your belt is not very smart.
  5.    #5  
    i knew that was coming. hey, i don't let a piece of electronic gadgetry control how i live my life

btw, the clip stayed in place. if the screw did what it was supposed to, the thing would not have flown off - the screw was the weakest link. i hate wearing things on my belt but because i had to be outdoors for most of the time yesterday and had to carry a lot of stuff, i had no choice. first and last time ever using belt clip
    in my case it is soccer not basketball, but the belt clip has broken three times in about as many months, only once due to soccer. I decided to spend the money and bought four extra replacement clips, Im down to two spares. As far as the little screw, I tighten it weekly or whenever I notice it, loose or not, though it definately gets loose over time....the lock nut might be a good answer. Note that I now either put the treo in a sportsgear bag during sports events, well at least if im playing although after last nights laker detroit game (I jumped up and down a number of times while cussing out the lakers) I probably should have not had the treo hanging from my belt...
    Rick, what did you use to replace the clip? I haven't had the "screw" issue since they sent me a replacement with a plastic and a rubber washer from Hong Kong, but the plastic clip broke at the hinge.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    they sell the screws and clips at their site. Clips were 3.90 for set of 2, screws and washers were 2.9 for 2, I think

Of course then their is the $6.00 shipping from Hong Kong.

http://www.innopocket.com/EShop/Main...=4&name=Others
  9.    #9  
    my solution: threw screw and belt clip into a lake. never want to make the mistake of trusting the safety of a $600 with a 2 bit screw and belt clip
    Had similar problem with my Proporta branded case. It fell onto a concrete floor thanks to the belt clip coming adrift. The phone is undamaged but I wont use the belt clip again.

Paul
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulf
    Had similar problem with my Proporta branded case. It fell onto a concrete floor thanks to the belt clip coming adrift. The phone is undamaged but I wont use the belt clip again.

Paul
    metal case too right?