1.    #1  
    The beta version on Snapper Mail's website now supports Treo Helpers pull e-mail feature. Just downloaded it and it works great. The version number on the website is wrong. They fixed the bug! Wahoooo.
    Funny thing is that the bug only showed up for one week...just so happened to be the week they went to open beta.
    does it work with lightwav alarms?
    Seems like you have to "OK" the message for it to start moving over to snappermail to download new mail. Is this how it should work?
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Any new updates and does it work with Gmail via Snapper?
    How do I need a pull email helper when I can just set Snapper to grab my mail every twenty minutes? Not hating, just seriously curious as I find setting Snapper to check mail every twenty minutes to be quite immediate for my needs. Any more often and ig gets in the way of using the phone all the time and eats battery more then is neccessary...every twenty works quite well..doesn't seem like you would need another app to help it...does it?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    Any new updates and does it work with Gmail via Snapper?
    Kev Gmail works with snapper.
    Read .

Matty, I cant come up with a reason for you to use treohelper either.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Felipe,

I actually have Snapper installed already and am loving it! My original question referrers to: if Treo Helper works with the gmail flavor of Snapper.

That said, mattyparanoid has a point: since we can program Snapper to "push" our e-mail anytime we want, what are the advantages of spending more money for a program--which would take up more Palm OS real esate--that Snapper does not ordinarily provide? I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Best,
    Kevin
    Felipe,

I actually have Snapper installed already and am loving it! My original question referrers to: if Treo Helper works with the gmail flavor of Snapper.

That said, mattyparanoid has a point: since we can program Snapper to "push" our e-mail anytime we want, what are the advantages of spending more money for a program--which would take up more Palm OS real esate--that Snapper does not ordinarily provide? I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Best,
    Kevin
    First, "treohelper" is free, and it only takes up around 40kb of ram. Second, you have to understand that your e-mail needs may vary from what someone else would like. For instance, if you get tons of e-mail through out the day, you may not want to have the treo pull e-mail from the server (using treohelper whenever you have new mail) since it would interfere with normal phone operation (in that case just letting snapper check every 20 minutes would make sense). On the other hand, what if you only get 5-10 emails throughout the day, why have snapper using up the battery every 20 minutes, when treohelper (free) will enable snapper to automatically just pull your mail, only when you actually have a message etc.
    Felipe,

Best,
    Kevin
    I couldn't say it any better that Paul (thanx Paul). It depends on your needs.

I check email every 45 minutes. I also use treohelper for one specific person. This person emails me, my email client sends and sms to my phone, snapper does a fetch.

It works for me.

Felipe
    Treohelper? Where can you get this?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Treohelper? Where can you get this?

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/
    Felipe
    Thanks Felipe...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter