1.    #1  
    My company only allows VPN through a windows client and so a palm VPM like, mergic VPN doesn't work to get me in the firewall. I want a way to use Snapper mail 2.0 rather than Sprint Business Connect service ($5 per month).

How could I make this work? Would this work? Treo 600 -> VPN into my home pc which then, in turn, is VPN'ed through the windows VPN client to my work? But what happens if the VPN connection is lost from the home pc while I'm away - I can re-enter the SecureID pin number.

Other ideas how I can use Snapper mail 2.0 with lotus notes behind a corporate firewall that only allows a windows client VPN?
    http://www.infowave.com/products/spro_ind.html

You probably won't need Snappermail if you use Symmetry Pro.
  3.    #3  
    oops forgot to say I'm on the dreaded Lotus Notes...
    Quote Originally Posted by hansbuehler
    I want a way to use Snapper mail 2.0 rather than Sprint Business Connect service ($5 per month).

Don't know if this will help but BCPE is free if you change your Vision to Professional Pack.
    I am looking at this...

http://www.martinscott.com/WirelessMail since I am not always connected to Notes (as required by Sprint BC I think)

Rippey
  6. crp
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrippey
    I am looking at this...

http://www.martinscott.com/WirelessMail since I am not always connected to Notes (as required by Sprint BC I think)

Rippey
    I'm successfully using it too. The client-side version works as advertised. It installs as an agent and seamlessly forwards messages to my Treo.
    Sprint Treo 755p, 650. Before that: Treo 600, 300, Pilot & Palm Pilot.
  7.    #7  
    http://www.martinscott.com/WirelessMail

This looks great! unfortunately... it simply forwards emails over the internet without any security or encription... maybe not the best to do with corporate email. Are there security features I'm not seeing here?

CRP, Do you just forward to a pop3 email account? What mail client do you use?
    in looking at the documentation, it forwards to the phone's email address, meaning phonenumber@carrier.com but you can reply with your corporate email address. CRP can you verify this?

It may not be the most secure but it will work for me.

Rippey
  9. crp
    in looking at the documentation, it forwards to the phone's email address, meaning phonenumber@carrier.com but you can reply with your corporate email address. CRP can you verify this?

It may not be the most secure but it will work for me.

Rippey
    Correct. It sends a "You've got Mail" message to your SMS client on your phone. Then, you read the text of the message with whatever email client you have on your Treo that's configured to read your carrier-based email account. What I found though, in using SnapperMail is that, even though I use the "Reply to Email address" option, outbound emails show up with my Sprint PCS email address. That might just be my configuration though.

The SMS notification consistently hits within seconds of when the email hits the Notes desktop (it should, since notification is based on an agent running in Notes.

I've had a few emails with MartinScott and they are responsive. Also, there is a much more robust server-based solution from MartinScott.
    CRP, does it actually send you a SMS, forward the actual email or send you an email saying you ahve email. I get ALOT of email and I think I will blow my 300 SMS a month in 3-4 days if it does send SMS.

Rippey
  11. crp
    CRP, does it actually send you a SMS, forward the actual email or send you an email saying you ahve email. I get ALOT of email and I think I will blow my 300 SMS a month in 3-4 days if it does send SMS.

Rippey

It sends you a SMS that says the sender has sent you an email, & suggests that you check your email. It doesn't send the text of the message, just the name of the sender and to check your email. But, the lag between a message hitting the Notes inbox and the SMS message appearing on the Treo is very small.

crp