Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobvark
    The first time you hit connect it will detect and install the drivers. Then when the comment pops up saying it might not work correctly hit disconnect on the palm. Then just hit connect again and the drivers will work. Pretty easy if you ask me.
    These instructions are consistent with what I did, although I added some possibly extra steps. As long as you don't need to reboot the desktop, it is indeed easy. Wouldn't it be nice if the readme that came with the software gave these instructions?
    I think it's great that another product will allow us to do this but I've been using my Treo 600 as a flash drive since it came out using SyncWizard ( http://www.envicon.com/SyncWizard/). The product is awesome!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    There's a very useful piece of software for automatically backing up or syncing specified files and directories which I've been using for years with zip disks. It looks ideal for this if one wants to keep home and work computers synchronised, as I do. It's called Backer and it's at:

http://www.cordes-dev.de/english/overview.html
    I have downloaded and used this software, it works fine but it is really sloooooowwwwwwwww, it took 4 mins 50 secs to transfer 58 MB of MP3's from a P4 2.4 Ghz, 1 GB Ram USB 2.0 laptop to a 256 MB Sandisk card!!!

Anybody else have these speed issues or are my USB 2.0 ports not working correctly??
    I downloaded the app, but when I try to connect, my pc wants to search for new drivers. Where am I supposed to get them?
  6.    #46  

I've never been so honored to have my name on the front page of a web site (OK, not exactly the front page, more like a cover story, but still!)

Glad to see that all of our posting in Softick's forum paid off.

I too have the issue with having to connect to the desktop twice before it will successfully recognize the Treo as a USB drive.

Brit, My transfer speeds actually seem to have improved from version 1.14. So I guess results may vary on the transfer speed. I wonder what maked the difference? I have a SanDisk Ultra II 256 and transfered 60MB in under 3 minutes. (I wasn't timing it to the second like you, were. I'll do the test again when I get home and see how it works there.)

I have also noticed that if you select a new card to use from the drop down selector on the main screen that the "Connect to Desktop" button becomes invisible. It's still there and you can press it, you just can't see it.

I'm about to turn in a support request with them on these iussues and see what they say.

Thanks to everyone who helped me in posting on their web site! And sorry I took so long to write back. I've been REALLY busy at work doing some programming of my own.

--TechDude
    Thank YOU TechDude - you clued me in to a great app, then helped badger the developers into getting it to work for my phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    I downloaded the app, but when I try to connect, my pc wants to search for new drivers. Where am I supposed to get them?

what is your os?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    win 98. that's bad, huh?
    According to Softick's web site: Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Me on desktop [supported], Windows 98/Mac OS X/Linux support is under development
    According to Softick's web site: Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Me on desktop [supported], Windows 98/Mac OS X/Linux support is under development
    Worked first time with OSX for me. I played my mp3s directly in the finder as well as copying them to iTunes. The card mounts with "No Name" as it's name.

Only problem I ran into was when I disconnect using the disconnect button on the Treo before ejecting the drive from the Mac. This gave me the error that the drive was removed incorrectly and left the drive in the finder which I couldn't get rid of until I reconnected the treo again. Not really a problem as one should eject the card before disconnecting like any other drive.

John
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    win 98. that's bad, huh?
    No, it's not that bad. But it does make me wonder what circumstances gave you the latest greatest smartphone, but left you with a 5 year old OS on your PC.

I too have some old stuff laying around. Hell, I think I've even got a Windows '95 PC around here somewhere. I just don't use it anymore.

You may want to check out this site for possible drivers that might help.

exuberant.ms11.net/98sesp.html

You may also want to take a look at this page for other tips and tricks for Windows 98 concerning USB.

www.usbman.com/win98seusbguide.htm

Let me know how it works out for you. Who knows, maybe one day I'll need to connect to a Windows 98 PC and you can help me. But as eric pointed out, it's not supported by softick yet, so you may be out of luck until they add support.

Good luck!

--TechDude
    Quote Originally Posted by manielse
    I think it's great that another product will allow us to do this but I've been using my Treo 600 as a flash drive since it came out using SyncWizard ( http://www.envicon.com/SyncWizard/). The product is awesome!
    I looked this software over but it appears to require that the SyncWizard desktop component be installed on the desktop computer. It doesn't actually mount the Treo as a USB mass storage device. For this reason, you can't use your Treo as a card reader on a "foreign" computer using this software (one where you don't have priviledges to install software), the way you can with Card Export 2.
    Works fine for me under Win2k and OS X. With OS X I used "eject disk" from the finder and it worked well.

GREAT APP!
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by BritOverseas
    I have downloaded and used this software, it works fine but it is really sloooooowwwwwwwww, it took 4 mins 50 secs to transfer 58 MB of MP3's from a P4 2.4 Ghz, 1 GB Ram USB 2.0 laptop to a 256 MB Sandisk card!!!

Anybody else have these speed issues or are my USB 2.0 ports not working correctly??
    I'm getting consistent transfer times of about 17 MB per minute, with peaks as high as 20 MB per minute. It looks like you're hitting around 12, which is a little slower.

As I said in an earlier post, I'm using a SanDisk UltraII so maybe that's why my transfer speeds are faster. What type of SD card are you using?

--TechDude
    techdude, thanks for the links; I'm going to try them out today.
    as for why I've got 98, it's an extra pc inherited from my dad who has the $$ to upgrade, whereas after purchasing the treo 600, I do not!
    seriously, thanks for the info.
    Ok next question, will Card Export II allow you to access the internal memory of the Treo/Palm as some point? If so, when is it slated. This will save me from buying backup software as well as file explorer type access. I could just copy or even run a backup software I use on my PC. Still, the product is way cool.
    Does it work with a Mac?
    How?
    Does it work with a Mac?
    How?
    Yes. Just click the "Connect to Desktop" button in Card Export on your treo and the SD Card mounts in OS X like any other drive.

John
    Worked like a charm on OS X 10.3.4 with dock.. I used eject from the finder..

Worked the second time on WinXP with USB cable.. first time Windows had trouble loading the driver (??)
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast